All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Daphne trouble

smario

Hi guys,

I recently added Daphne to my setup. I'm using the built in GameEx function and have trouble launching Daphne games.

• Outside of GameEx, everything is working fine. I'm having no trouble whatsoever launching Daphne games per command line.
  • When (inside of GameEx) opening the "Laserdisc Games" menu, the games list is populated as expected. However, when opening a game's detail page (let's say for Astron Belt) GameEx shows a completely empty page like in screenshot 1 below. Cursor movement on this page is not possible.
  • When exiting this page and immediately opening Astron Belt again, it shows the right page like in screenshot 2 below.
  • When opening the game, GameEx goes black and that's it. The game is not called, runitgame.bat is completely empty and daphne.exe is never called (as seen in the Task Manager). GameEx appears to be still running, I can close GameEx directly with the Esc key.

I'm using Custom Menus but disabled them for trouble shooting. Behavior is the same with or without Custom Menus. I reinstalled GameEx. I tried another theme (Default - Default).

Any ideas on this are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

smario

screenshot1.png

screenshot2.png

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Update

After more testing I found a clean GameEx install to be working perfectly with the exact same Daphne setup. 

So, unless someone here can point me in the right direction I'm going to rebuild my (5-year-old) GameEx setup. Probably a good idea anyway to clean up every now and then. 

Thanks anyway!

I wish I had some recommendations for your config, but I don't currently run Daphne.

Did you try downloading the latest version of GameEx and simply doing an over the top installation?  That sometimes will fix things, and it's easy enough to try.

• Like 1

Had the day off and took the time to rebuilt my GameEx setup. After a lot more testing I could actually nail the problem.

As strange as it may sound, if there's a special character in "Title Text" in any emulator the above Daphne behavior occurs. I tried a colon ":", not sure if this applies for other characters. I have not the slightest clue why this is the case but could replicate it reliably.

Anyway, everything's working now and I have a new clean GameEx setup :)

This one is RESOLVED.

@tthurman Thanks for your help!

• Like 1