All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Mame crashes now that I'm connected to LED Tv

MegaChundler

Hey guys! I finally have my arcade nearly finished, and I have all of the stuff only PC loaded up and working perfectly. Well, I connected to my LED TV to run the computer using VGA cable, and gameex and all my emulators work fine except for MAME, which crashes every time I load a rom. Any ideas? Thanks!

MAME does not work outside of gameex. Gameex itself works perfectly. When I try to open a rom in mame, it tries to change resolutions and then an error message comes up saying this program had to shut down. 

I can't post my ini or log because my arcade isn't online anymore. I haven't changed any settings from when it was working perfectly. All I did was connect it to a TV instead of my computer monitor. 

All my other emulators work fine! 

Like you suggested, it sounds like a video problem. The only advice I can think of giving would be to try try updating your video drivers if there is a newer version or revert to an older version if they are already up to date. Beyond that, someone else here may have a suggestion or you could try posting in a mame-related forum (like Mameworld).

Knowing your PC hardware, OS, Mame version, Mame switches, roms you tested with, and any error messages may be helpful to know. This is some of the information that those files usually contain. Perhaps when you have it up and running again, you might post those specifics.

Also, I assume that you are using a VGA cable that is VGA on both ends (ie no adaptors on either end), correct?

You could always copy the files to a flash drive, so it doesn't need to be online.  These files don't always disclose the problem, but without them we have absolutely no idea what you've got going from any angle.

Aside from all of that, if it's not working outside of GameEx, and is isolated to only MAME, then the first step would be to resolve why this is occurring.

What monitor did it work on previous to this change?

If you're using an older nvida based card you could try toggling HLSL on or off, which ever applies.  

Since you mention vga, this leads me to believe it's perhaps an older GPU, in this case using an older driver might be worth a try.

While it should work, vga, it isn't the best option for a modern TV, have you tried another input.  Even a HDMI cable with a DVI converter would be a good test, but naturally this is limited to what options you have based on your hardware.

Are you running your video card in the native resolution of the display?  If not, I would recommend trying that.

Just some ideas, good luck!