All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Slingfront stopped working?

Dear fellow SlingFront users,

Since today I haven't been able to reach my slingbox through SlingFront. I am wondering if anyone is having the same problem? Web viewer and sling media application works fine so it is definitely not a problem with the slingbox. I have also tried it in different machines, obtaining the same problem. Maybe SlingMedia have updated something in the system? I have been using SlingFront for over 3 years and never experienced this problem.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi oviano,

Thank you for your quick reply. It turns out I just identified the source of the problem and it is my internet connection. I found it weird that out of a sudden I could also not watch videos in kodi., which I always could. So I made a hotspot from my iphone, and it turns out I can connect with slingfront and also Kodi works as normal. But If I go back to my cable internet, everything fails. Could it be the ISP is blocking all of this? A week ago I changed my internet speed in Vodafone from 16Mbps to 100Mpbs...

I am quite startled with this but if it does not go back to normal, then I will certainly complain.

KR,

Mário