All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gratitude for lifetime membership

twotone8

Ive been a longtime gameex user and am very pleased to have just purchased a lifetime subscription.  Im one of those who had purchased a gameex license before the subscription model, but after the cutoff point for free lifetime access. When i finally realized that my access to online features was going to eventually come to a close, there was, at that point, no option to purchase a lifetime subscription at any price.  Now, several months later, im delighted to find out that lifetime access is once again being offered. Its a great product, but I only duck into the forums every now and then, and was out of the loop when the initial changes were announced. I really kicked myself a few months ago to think that i had missed the lifetime subscription train, and it really bothered me. Now im all set and dont have to concern myself with reupping a product i thoroughly enjoy (allbeit sporadically).  The pride of ownership is well worth the modest price. All thanks to Tom for reopening the gates to this tier of membership.  Does anyone know when the lifetime gameex subscription (including online access) was made available? It must have been somewhere between Feb and now, for i had sent an email asking for clarification. I can find no mentions of it in the news page and was curios how long this has been available, or when the price tiers changed. Last i heard the lifetime subscription only included a proposed discount for evolution as opposed to including it with the lifetime license as it is now. Im very much looking forward to it.

Once again, thanks. 

Edit:

Do i need to use the newly issued registration key on my current gameex installation? I already had a licence key from 2010 to remove the nag screen, and as i understand it, the online access is handled through my forum login which hasnt changed.

Edited by twotone8
Clarification

On 10/09/2016 at 3:02 AM, twotone8 said:

Do i need to use the newly issued registration key on my current gameex installation? I already had a licence key from 2010 to remove the nag screen, and as i understand it, the online access is handled through my forum login which hasnt changed.

Even though you already had a valid key, i think there was a a cutoff date if i remember correctly (after 2013?) to use the new online features of GameEx. For that reason i would use your new key, and make sure to update GameEx to the latest version. Then all you need to do is enter your forum details in to the new Setup Wizard, go here and marvel at, link to, and brag about all your new stats to your friends :P

Also by doing so, you can begin to build your profile for Evo, which will be integrating all of this data and more in to the FE itself, or so they say :D (disclaimer: i am speculating, i have no idea or proof ^_^ seriously, i don't!)

Thanks for the help.  My previous install was all set up for GameEx Online, and I believe I was still in the free window from my lifetime licence key.  I installed the new license key just to be safe, but My forum login was already fully functional and my GameEx installation fully updated.  I've been very happy with this product for many years.  I wouldn't mind getting some eyes on my Process Explorer though. Is it normal for Gameex_baground.exe to be at these lvls of memory consumption?  Or did I confuse it with multiple license keys.  I can't remember checking it before installing the new key, so It's possible it's always been like this.  I just don't remember having noticed it.  Like I said, I haven't messed with my installation at all, just installed the registry licence key.oops..jpg