All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Need Sharp x68000 command line

André Sickmann

Hi @André Sickmann welcome to the GameEx forums!

To better assist you we'll need some more information first. Please read this thread which shows you how to provide us with your GameEx Config.ini and Log. We'll need thoes form now on, so that we can verify the changes made and see if GameEx is behaving corectly.

Other things:

1. We need to know what emulator you are using for the Sharp x68000. From a quick search I found 6 of them!
  2. Are you able to play your roms outside of GameEx using the emulator? If not, please read the documentation provided by your emulator and search the internet for relevant information, as this is a niche system that few users here will be familiar with. You may come across a command line in the process.
  3. Remember, GameEx is a frontend that launches emulators. It requires that you have a working emulator already setup and ready to go. Once you are able to play the system using your emulator outside of GameEx, we can help you get GameEx to launch it, adding all the eye candy that makes GameEx great!.

I can see why you're having problems! Most of the documentation is in Japanese, or translated to Greek for that emulator. Does google translate help any? I don't suppose you speak or can read these?

I mean, talk about a stumper. I'm not sure I can help if I can't even read about the emulator. In any case, it looks like this topic has been covered before in the thread @tthurman :ph34r:'d me with..lol.. If that doesn't help I don't think I can add anything here. Sorry:(

43 minutes ago, Parka1300 said:

Why does he need to provide Config and Log files when all he wanted was a command line to run an emulator?

Because he is reporting an issue and does not tell us what emulator he is trying to use. Not all emulators use the same command line, even for the same system they may emulate. Additionally, we have to often ask for these files to help others determine what is going on because of an improper path, feature enabled/disabled, etc. Much easier on the few of us tasked with supporting the community to ask for these two basic files rather than banging our heads against the unknown.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2016 at 9:55 AM, Parka1300 said:

Why does he need to provide Config and Log files when all he wanted was a command line to run an emulator?

As @Draco1962 said, I needed to know what emulator he was using so I could look up the command line. I could have simply asked him that, but it's easiest to look at the config.ini and log files to see what settings a given person is using, to spot any potential problems and to narrow the list of possible problems. It's mainly so I know what the problem isn't before I make suggestions about what it could be. I also use them to confirm people made the changes we ask them to. Sometimes we tell someone to do something and while they say they did, their config says otherwise. Without the config that oversight is a potential stumper! While constantly asking for these is annoying, it keeps us from spinning around in circles and speeds the troubleshooting process. I don't have to have it. I could list every conceivable way the problem can arise instead, but that's usually overwhelming to newcomers.