All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

House of The Dead 2 Missing Files Error

imek

Hello,

I am trying to run House of The Dead 2, but when I do I get an error that says I'm missing files. I attached 2 pics of the error as well as my log and ini files. I look on google for help but all I found was a website that wanted me to download a video. Any help on this would be really much appreciated. 

log.txt

GameEx.ini

House of the Dead 2 Error 2.JPG

House of the Dead 2 Error.JPG

As of Mame 0.164, it displays a message that the game is not fully working and cannot be played. Your log shows you are running Mame 0.139, so it will not work under that version.

I looked around a bit, but I only found people playing through PC or Dolphin. I have a feeling it may not yet be playable even on the latest Mame.

Now that you have a working copy of Mame, you will usually see the 'missing files' error is when you have the incorrect rom version, you are missing a support file (like a bios or parent rom), or the rom just does not have the right files to work as of that mame version.

• Like 1

@imek - To save the staff here a little fatigue, I would like to suggest a few things. 

First, familiarize yourself with the emulator, its version, and limitations. The MAME Devs usually have a section for the version on their site as well as providing readme or what's new text files with the latest version that will tell you what is working and what isn't.  Likely it is one or two of these sources that RedDog consulted to give you the answer. 

Second, let's get things running on one PC at a time and one emulator at a time. This will help us help you by keeping the focus on fewer issues and avoid a bit of confusion. 

We are glad to help and have some of the best of the best here, but let's not overwork them. :)

• Like 1

Ok so I am using MAME version MAMEUI64_0.139_29-07-2010 to run the rom. I got past the loading screen but then it says the rom's system is starting up, but then it never finishes starting up. I attached a pic of it as well as my log and ini files. 

Maybe it has something to do with the rom's BIOS i'm using? i'll check others

I don't know if you guys can help me on this or not but I just thought I'd show you. Thank you for all the help you have given me so far on other threads. I know you guys are very busy with stuff.

HOTD Error.JPG

GameEx.ini

log.txt

Please read my last post above again.

Our primary concern is supporting GameEx. Sometimes that also means helping with emulator setup, basic understanding, etc. We also have a pretty helpful little community here to begin with...but when it comes to roms we do have to draw a pretty hard line. If you don't quite understand why, as you learn more about emulators, you will begin to.

Keep in mind that GameEx is a 'front end' or a launcher. The hotd2 rom is being launched; it just isn't working they way you expect. That is not an issue related to GameEx as long as you have other Mame games that do launch successfully. If you want help with hotd2 or other roms that will not run or that are giving you 'missing file' errors, you should look outside the GameEx forum. Your best bet is to try some Mame-related forums.