All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to tell Game Manager which version of Visual Pinball to run for a particular table?

Xantari

You must activate "run as administrator": right click the exe (VP9, VPX...) and choose that option. If UAC is the problem, it should be solved now.

From what I heard, it is also recommended to unblock all dll files (again right click and check "unblock" or so..) although I never had any problems with this. The latter one was just to give you all infos probably needed.

Edit: what other people (and also myself) understood from your post, is the initial question, when you play a ROM the first time, to make sure, you are the owner (legal reasons).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 7:46 AM, Carny_Priest said:

I use the VP slot to run a AutoHotkey based launcher:

All tables are in a single folder. I suppose you could modify the script to use individual table folders and/or VP executable, but I think that adds labor to housekeeping. I keep all tables in one folder and use the xml as my reference. All my executables are in the same folder. I'm only using three: 992, physmod5 with the plunger mod, and the latest VPX beta.

How do you deal with the "scripts" folder for VPX?  I could be wrong but I thought the scripts for VPX were different enough that they would break some VP9x tables.  If you keep all tables in the same folder, what did you do about scripts?  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Carny_Priest said:

Nope, those vbs scripts are coded to be backwards compatible. Just overwrite the old ones with the new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks....I tried that a while back, and the first game I tried messed up so I assumed that was the reason - I'll give it another shot; there are some good v10 games I've wanted to check out.  Thanks for the quick reply...