All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

How to have Pinball X automatically download all media for all installed tables?

Xantari

Hi,

I am wondering, how can I tell pinball x to automatically download all Table Videos, Backglass images, DMD videos, system / manufacturer logos after installing the game?

Could not find an option anywhere.

Have subscriptions to Gameex and emumovies.

Also, could not see where to put in my emumovies login info within pinball x to have it sync videos from that site.

Thoughts?

I asked about this back in the beginning of June.  Was told it was a planned feature.  The emumovies part I doubt they will want to add because they would rather you pay for downloading the content here instead of there, but I could be wrong.

I watched the below video on how to do this. However this assumes I have a media pack from somewhere already downloaded.

I guess I need to manually find all media packs for hundreds of tables, import it first, then point to the table.

What I was doing was hitting "Add Game", selecting my .vpt or .vpx file, then was hoping I could press a "Retrieve all media" button.

I thought maybe that is what the "Online for Import" did, automatically went and fetched all backglass, dmd, and table videos/images automatically when you add a game, but that doesn't seem to work, or I am misunderstanding the feature of "Online for import".

Yeah latest version of pinball X.

I'm confused as to how to import each piece of media individually.

There is only one Import button next to the game. It doesn't have a selection of "Import Backglass", "Import Table Video", "Import DMD Video", "Import Wheel Image

Here is the link to PBX Recorder utility.  It will walk through your Pinballx VP xml database and automatically screenshot Playfield, Backglass and DMD images or record videos of them.  If you have a GameEx Pass or Online Pass it can also download wheel images automatically.

Good luck

Demo

• Like 2

the best thing to do is record your own Videos or capture your own images.

the pinball video selection at emumovies is very limited, and the videos they do have for cabs are in F4V format.

witch means that they are probably a few years old.  

witch means they have not been updated in a very long time and more then likely are for old outdated tables.

the only thing you should be syncing is:Wheel images, Flyers and instruction cards.

you can manually download a huge packs from my folder in the FTP

I recently released a pack for Future Pinball

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/12263-future-pinball/

and here is a full pack to Pinball FX2

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/10948-pinball-fx2/

the instruction cards and Flyers can be found in the FTP

Hey there,

i might add a question here, regerading the download option via game manager from pinballx. could it be, that if you create custom systems, that when you try to download some missing elements via the game manager, that the list which pop's up, when you set the checkbox "online", is always empty ? i noticed this while playing with customs lists and the true fullscreen option. when i switch back to the "regular" visual pinball list, the popup windows shows content. but like i mentioned, within the custom systems i created manually within the xml file, the return of a media search always provides an empty window. a bug maybe ? ;)

cheers :)

• 8 months later...
13 minutes ago, jasontaps said:

Is this Gamex online feature dead or offline?

For your Basic Member group, it is not available. Read more about member groups and the levels of access available here. Also, you are responding to a pretty old post. Maybe upgrade and give it a try?!

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

For your Basic Member group, it is not available. Read more about member groups and the levels of access available here. Also, you are responding to a pretty old post. Maybe upgrade and give it a try?!

I am using the latest version of Pinballx. I would guess its my member group then. I will check it out.