All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Zinc Database?

naborneo

I do not believe there is a database specifically for Zinc. I do not have one in my list and am fairly certain I have them all.

However, since we are still talking about arcade rom files, the [Arcade] MAME or [Arcade] Arcade (Mame) databases should work. Unfortunately from looking at the files, it looks like there won't be any game descriptions, but the titles, publisher, year, genre, etc are all still there.

I don't use Zinc myself, but I have a pretty good guess on how GameEx would handle it...but it would depend on how you would set it up.

If you have chose to use the integrated Zinc functionality (and have the path/executable to Zinc set up properly), GameEx will simply choose to use Zinc instead of Mame for the games that specifically call for it. In that case, you should not need to worry about databases as GameEx should handle all that. I woudl think that the files Felix commented on are used for that purpose.

If you are using Zinc as an emulator in the Emuilator Setup, then you will need to somehow tell GameEx what roms it will be used with. This could be done through a Mapfile or actually making separate rom directory for Zinc with copies of the roms. You would also need to choose a database if you wanted game information to be displayed. This is what I was referring to in my first post.

Go ahead and give it a test.