All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Newb Question: GameEx v GameEx Evolution

MikeyMike78

What's the difference?

I have an arcade & home console emulator system that currently uses Mala frontend, however it's old, dated and I want to make it feel more alive.  So I am looking at alternatives and I am not sure what the differences are in GameEx/GameEXEvolution.

Thanks!

GameEx Evolution is, well, the evolution of GameEx. :)

Right now Evo is in alpha but it's got a completely new rendering engine and a ton of improvements over GameEx. It's made to meet/exceed flashy front ends graphically while packing the efficiency, functionality and ease of use of traditional GameEx.

In a nutshell. ;)

• Like 2

GameEX:

GameEx Evolution (Currently free to the public in Alpha form, which has MAME enabled for evaluation purposes. However, all other functions have been disabled pending future releases):

This video was Done a while back, but shows more functionality that may be available in the paid version. Those of you who are not impressed with the Alpha should remember that it is not a full product yet and is only showcasing MAME. It also has may options unavailable/disabled. Some of them may be seen in this video. For example, evolution is expected to have support for hyperspin themes. Which may be good news for thoes wanting the best of both worlds, the ease and options of GameEx's setup process and the allure of Hyperspin's visuals. If nothing else it shows that the Dev team are thinking about how to make this version the best frontend available. I'm convinced of their will and ability.