All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Xpadder not work properly in GameEx

Alan Ribas

After the updates Xpadder plugin has stopped working properly. Until about three weeks ago everything worked perfectly. I noticed that when I start a game Xpadder plugin is open but to push the buttons mapped to the joystick they do not turn on the light. To keep clicking on the tab of the first and second player the xpadder begins to respond to commands. Then I go back to the emulator and the controls will function. With the game already started and without the controls work I press the windows key. After that I go on the icon Xpadder which is open to check it is working. Tightening the buttons but the lights that show the keys are being pressed not light. So I'm browsing the various tabs representing each joyticks connected in xpadder. Doing it xpadder starts to work, and shall be response of buttons pressed.
Xpadder
updated the program yet nothing has changed.
I added the
"neogeo" files and "super Nintendo", as are examples of emulators that I'm not working correctly with more xpadder.

ps.I'm not really
lucky. Every update something stops working.:angry::(

log.txt

NEO-GEO.ini

NINTENDO (16 Bits-2 Players).ini

xpadder.log

GameEx.ini

I found a curious thing. When you start the game with only one control the xpadder funcionan normally. But if more than one control is connected at the time the game is started xpadder does not reply. It is necessary to carry out the above procedure to return to work.:huh:

ps. again added the neo geo file because I realized procedures using this system.

NEO-GEO (2).ini

Yes. I updated my Windows 10 for the birthday version. I just take the test emulators out of Gamex. The result was the same. The Xpadder does not work when it is simply open and its window is minimized. You must click on the Xpadder window, maximize it, and only then the Xpadder starts to work.
So the problem
can only be updating windows right !?
Very annoying
that. When you fix one thing to another break.:(
Does this have repair? Without downgrading the Windows?

ps.I took the test
again. If only one control is connected Xpadder works. But if more than one control is connected not.

You're probably going to need to report that behavior on the Xpadder forums, not much can be done here unfortunately.

MS made some updates to the way it handles the controllers to allow better compatibility with the XBOne controllers.Likely this is going to impact 3rd party apps and controllers unless the authors of those apps release a new version.

I know my question has nothing to do with this forum , but since this topic was open I ask. The Xpadder site has no place for registration. But only Login. Does anyone have any idea where to register to be able to log in later ?

ps. I sent a message a few days asking that the owner of the site but so far he did not answer.

Xpadder does not like W10 ^-^

Try right clicking your xpadder.exe> Properties> Compatibility

In Compatibility Mode, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'

Use the dropdown menu and select 'Windows 7', click 'Apply'

In most cases this will sort it, if not let us know :)

On 22/08/2016 at 8:34 PM, DazzleHP said:

Xpadder does not like W10 ^-^

Try right clicking your xpadder.exe> Properties> Compatibility

In Compatibility Mode, check 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:'

Use the dropdown menu and select 'Windows 7', click 'Apply'

In most cases this will sort it, if not let us know :)

I tried what I suggested but did not work. Some emulators also do not like Windows 10. I lowered the MAME currently in its latest version and even after the controls are configured these do not work.

Very annoying that. Sometimes I think back to windows 7.<_<

• 6 months later...

I thought after my warning XPADDER program would be fixed. But today it was not. I warned the developer of the program and he simply ignored me. Currently Xpadder only works when only one control is connected. If two controls are on, even if we do not use the second control, the xpadder program does not work. The two controls in this case do not work.
In these cases I have to maximize the window of the Xpadder program, and only then will the controls be recognized.
The issue is that I use the xpadder program along with the gameex, so staying having to maximize the xpadder tab is really annoying.
The whole problem started after the Windows 10 update.
Another question: Until today I can not log in the forum of the site Xpadder. I paid for the program and thought I might have a bit of the attention of the developer to solve this problem. Apparently i was wrong.
If anyone here has contact with the Xpadder developer please ask him to take a look at this problem, because he does not listen to me.

Nobody I know here has any special contact or influence with the Xpadder author. If you are not able to get a response from him, you may wish to try other similar programs, such as x360ce, AntiMicro or some others suggested here.

5 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Nobody I know here has any special contact or influence with the Xpadder author. If you are not able to get a response from him, you may wish to try other similar programs, such as x360ce, AntiMicro or some others suggested here.

Thank you very much!! I will choose one to replace the Xpadder !!!:lol:

I took a look here and there really are many options. Can you give me your opinion? What is the most famous or popular program that people who use usually indicate?:rolleyes:

I'm looking for some program of this type that has a good integration with the gameex.

If you are not using the Xpadder plugin for GameEx, it is really down to you to experiment. 

Pinnacle Profiler is fairly popular but there is a cost. 

AntiMicro and x360ce are free and also popular with folks running GameEx and PinballX. 

Actually I used a lot of the xpadder plugin. But the program stopped working right after the update of windows 10. I gave up that program. Your developer seems to have no interest in fixing the problem I reported to him.

I'm looking at the other program options to replace xpadder. Among the programs in the link that I was given above, is there any that has a plugin to work with gameex (like xpadder has)?

I took a look here, but I did not find that answer.:huh:

If I recall correctly, Adultery was not able to replicate the issue you encountered and you were advised to submit something to the Xpadder forums. Since you are having problems since upgraded to Windows 10 with Xpadder itself there is nothing he can update in his code.

I don't think that casting shade on him by insinuating he has no interest in fixing the problem is fair. Of course, you could be confusing the Xpadder author with the plugin author and, if that is the case, I will let it slide.

There are no plugins that I am aware of for any of the other programs.

No offense taken if it was intended. I'm pretty good about bug fixing if I can reproduce it, and FWIW I use Xpadder and Windows 10 with no issues currently.

14 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

If I recall correctly, Adultery was not able to replicate the issue you encountered and you were advised to submit something to the Xpadder forums. Since you are having problems since upgraded to Windows 10 with Xpadder itself there is nothing he can update in his code.

I don't think that casting shade on him by insinuating he has no interest in fixing the problem is fair. Of course, you could be confusing the Xpadder author with the plugin author and, if that is the case, I will let it slide.

There are no plugins that I am aware of for any of the other programs.

The person I'm referring to is the xpadder developer. It has nothing to do with the person who made the plugin.
My English is not very good. I do not know if I understood what he meant.

I know the problem in the xpadder program is unrelated to the gameex. I had said that before, too. I did the tests and the xpadder program had problems running both together and without the gameex.

I did the questionnaire in this forum because I do not have access to the Xpadder forum. At the simplismnete site there is no way to sign up. And when I questioned this to the author of xpadder he simply said nothing. You did not even answer me. After much insistence he said that when everything is ready the login will happen automatically. It's been months, maybe more than a year, and nothing has been done. I turn to the gameex forum because it's the program I use together with xpadder. There is no one else to turn to. My problem is simply unsolvable.

8 hours ago, Adultery said:

No offense taken if it was intended. I'm pretty good about bug fixing if I can reproduce it, and FWIW I use Xpadder and Windows 10 with no issues currently.

I use xbox one joysticks with wireless receiver. I think I'll do a test by plugging the controls directly to the pc.

9 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

You are aware that Xpadder is for the 360 controllers, right? Are you having the problem using those or has it always been with the Xbox One controllers?

I tell you that this information went unnoticed. But I used the xbox one controls normally. It was after one of the windows updates that the problem came up.

Xpadder is not the problem in W10 if you followed my advice (make it W7 compatible).

If you have already done that, you also need to associate the .xpadderprofile files with XPadder.exe.

Afterwards, reboot your system.

Enjoy.

I can confirm that I had to do this at one point, I just forgot until you mentioned it just now. :)

On 27/03/2017 at 9:12 PM, DazzleHP said:

Xpadder is not the problem in W10 if you followed my advice (make it W7 compatible).

If you have already done that, you also need to associate the .xpadderprofile files with XPadder.exe.

Afterwards, reboot your system.

Enjoy.

I followed your advice. But there were no changes in relation to the problem already reported by me. But after this last comment I decided to search the internet and found a solution that I will accept.
In short: The problem is real. The Xpadder program does not work the way it should work if more than one control is turned on, at least as soon as the game is started (that's what I discovered).

A guy in a post from a forum I read advised that we leave only Control 1 on before starting the game. Once the emulation has started, just turn on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th control and they start working.

It was not what I was looking for at the beginning of this post but at least the anguish of not knowing how to solve the problem was partially remedied.:lol:

I want to thank you again DazzleHP! Without this comment I would not have searched the internet again.

But anyway thank you very much to all. It may not seem like it but I go to the Gameex forum only when I can not solve my problems on my own.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2017 at 5:15 AM, Alan Ribas said:

I followed your advice. But there were no changes in relation to the problem already reported by me. But after this last comment I decided to search the internet and found a solution that I will accept.
In short: The problem is real. The Xpadder program does not work the way it should work if more than one control is turned on, at least as soon as the game is started (that's what I discovered).

A guy in a post from a forum I read advised that we leave only Control 1 on before starting the game. Once the emulation has started, just turn on the 2nd, 3rd or 4th control and they start working.

It was not what I was looking for at the beginning of this post but at least the anguish of not knowing how to solve the problem was partially remedied.:lol:

I want to thank you again DazzleHP! Without this comment I would not have searched the internet again.

But anyway thank you very much to all. It may not seem like it but I go to the Gameex forum only when I can not solve my problems on my own.

No, thank you, for reporting back and giving us a clue as to what is going on! I had no idea you were running a multiple controller environment. My advice would most likely have been different if so ^_^

Glad you got it sorted though, no matter how it came to be :D

Any chance you could share the link where you found that info?