All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Retroarch Command Line Issues

TheRuralJuror

Hi guys,

I'm going insane trying to get GameEx to place nice with the latest version of RetroArch (1.3.6). I've scoured the GameEx forums and have Googled the heck out the topic but no success. I have copied the .cfg file (in this example bsnes) to RetroArch's root folder and created this command line:

retroarch.exe -L "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" -c bsnes_balanced_libretro.dll.cfg -f

When I'm in GameEx and select a SNES game, my desktop will pop up for a second and then I'm taken back to GameEx. I feel there's something simple I'm missing. Setup screenshot and .ini attached! Thanks1

GameEx.ini

commandline.png

I don't have RetroArch installed on my PC (yet).  But on my PI, RetroArch installs with all of their "cores" in a /RetroArch/Cores/ path.  Maybe this is the problem?  Your command line is trying to launch the core from the root path of RetroArch, but they actually exist in a further subfolder?  If you notice, even in @MacMahoun's post, he's got a FULL path spelled out, and his core is in the /cores/ path.  Might be all you need.

So in theory, you'd want it to be something like:

retroarch.exe -L "c:\yourpathto\RetroArch\cores\yourcore" "[ROMPATH]\[ROMFILE]" -c "c:\yourpathto\RetroArch\yourcoreconfig" -f

The -L flag tells it to load a specific CORE (indicated via a full path after), then the typical ROMPATH\ROMFILE requirements, then the -c flag tells it to load a specific config file (indicated again via the full path after).  I'm not sure what the -f flag does, unless that just tell is to run full screen rather than windowed.  You might not even need the "-c <blah blah config>" bit.  RetroArch can be configured to automatically load a CORE config upon loading the core.  Then you can even break it down further to have it load a specific GAME config per ROM if you so desire.

• 2 weeks later...