All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

Sectrets of the Deep:

This is my all time super mega favorite work! It was such a fun to make this one from the very beginning!! Got a psd from Draco1962 (thanks a lot, Draco!), modded it a bit and ended up with my personal superlative of 42 seperately switched lights/light sets! Hope one can see all the love, I put into this one.

no grill

with grill

--- HQ ---

Secrets of the Deep_1.jpg

• Like 5

@MikujianGurejwitch: yes, I realized that, too, especially for the newer ones.

I export from Adobe AE as uncompressed avi first. In a second step I transcode it to mp4 with XMedia Recode, where I can not choose a compression rate. Maybe you have a better idea for converting software. I can also send you an uncompressed avi file, if you want.

Anyways, I'm not sure, if the atrefacts are already produced from Adobe AE. Unfortunately I only have CS3, with which I cannot make mp4 files directly.

@vogliadicane: Just for info. AVI is not a compression/encoding type, it's only a container. It dependens on your export/save settings what type of encoder will be used for video and audio encoding. You also define the bandwith (typically in kbit/sec), or compression ratio there. Look for H.264 encoding in the list, thats mp4. If you want comparing your AVI vs your converted mp4, just try Marvel_Venom_noGrill. The tongue has some good viewable artefacts and MARVEL_Avengers_noGrill is full of it.

Question: how big is you AVI (Megabyte)?

@MikujianGurejwitch: actually, I did exactly, what you suggested. I exported from AE as avi (container) WITHOUT compression. Then I converted these avis to mp4 (encoder: MPEG 4-AVC / H.264).

The avis are too big (aroung 3 GB) to be playable on my PC, but I can view image by image and they look perfect.

At transcoding I cannot set any of the values you mentioned (bandwidth, compression ratio). Do you think, it is a system setting for those encoders? I'm not an expert at all with those video codecs, but I got the feeling, that they are burried deeply inside the system itself, so...

2 hours ago, vogliadicane said:

@MikujianGurejwitch:The avis are too big (aroung 3 GB) to be playable on my PC, but I can view image by image and they look perfect.

That's the best news. So, all you need is a better encoding software. I will looking for one, but gimme a day or two. Maybe another member here can help? Any other video artist?

22 hours ago, MikujanGurejwitch said:

hint: at the moment, there is no animated backglass for the Power of Woman package ;-)

Yeah, sure, I know. But I think both tables are complete crap. Champions: who can really stand those voices and the story is childish and weak. Game play is ok, but without passion. There is no real pinball feeling. A-Force* is quite ok, but the ridiculous story (an alternative world dominated by the Russians?). And then English words in a russian font?? Sorry, I love the comic's sometimes strange logic, but this is dumb. Stupid dialogues complete this nonsense.

Actually I'm a bit disapointed by the direction ZEN goes with newer tables by concentrating on licensed themes. E.g. the Bethesda suite: I do NOT need lots of menues to choose, if I want more power, shield, amo (or whatever todays gamers need to be thrilled) in a PINBALL TABLE. I want ACTION. If Doom wouldn't be so cool, rich of action and thrilling to me, I wouldn't have made a BG Vid for one of the Bethesda suit.

They made a lot of superbe tables for licensed themes (IMHO Star Wars almost all of them, Marvel many of them, Aliens cool in itself), but at the moment I don't get in touch with what they toss out. Maybe, because I don't know those themes at all, but anyways: Pinball has to work in itself.

At the moment I tend to focus on some of the older stuff (their originals like Bio Lab**, Excalibur, Castle Storm, Pasha) because I LIKE AND PLAY THEM :D

Sorry for the  exitement. :) Just my two cents.

*: anybody has a good image, that really fits to this table? Not the one with She-Hulk in front (which is cool in itself but does not fit at all for this table)? I already searched the net, but...

**: I wanted to make this since a long time, but couldn't find anything, that fits.

• Like 1

Hey Alex,

both BGs are amazing (as usually!). Many thanks again.

Would you like to do the Civil War Backglass with the image I´ve provided as well? I don´t find the time to do it my own actually. Sorry (I know I´ve told you to support, but...)

Kind regards,

Jannek