All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

@vogliadicane: Looks great! I fear,  I have to do the overlay ride again :D !

Tomorrow (it is quite late here in Austria) I will describe the FFMPEG code to overlay existing backglass videos with the new logo, and... maybe... ;) post three brand new animated backglass videos and the table videos for the new Universal tables (initially without any logo included)!

I'd prefer to see this on specific FX3 videos. Might be able to slightly modify it with a little more Gaussian blur/smoke effect on the tail end fill in where it is slim on the logo. this will preserve more the gist of the new FX3 logo while allowing for it to mask parts of the FX2 logo underneath.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good lord, these are lovely. Exaclty what I have been looking for, cheers. Is there a link to the Onedrive folder so I can just download them all in one go, rather than click through the links one at a time?

Thanks

-Edit: Never mind, did the clicks. Thanks for the backglasses. Look smashing.

Edited by lovehammer
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, vogliadicane said:

MARVEL Thor:

no Grill

with Grill

--- HQ ---

lol, I wasn't allowed to upload one more gif (limit 7,81 MB)... maybe tomorrow

as a contributor, really? lol

You have unlimited uploads available on the FTP site, which is preferred for ongoing collections!

• 3 weeks later...

@vogliadicane - Two requests and a thanks for the hard work you put into each of these BG videos!

- Can you provide a copy of the generic Pinball FX logo you are using?

- Will you be re-releasing your original videos with the new generic Pinball FX logo?

The image is the one I posted some page before this one. And for the re-releases we had some discussion before... well I still have the AI files, so it is basically possible, but a HUGE load of work. The minor part is to replace the logo, but then I have to render them to big uncompressed avi files and then convert them to mp4. Given there is a grill and noGrill version for each plus some special editions it is really a lot of work. 

We already discussed, if there is a way to just overlay the new logo to the mp4s without losing quality, which would be a lot easier, but there was no real solution. That part I don‘t know anything about tech details.

Hello @vogliadicane, if you can provide the AI stills with the FX 2 layer removed, i can re-render the videos with no loss, I have a pretty good process that works.

I also figured out a way to overlay the fx2 layer with and fx3 fireball.  I'm not a big art guy so if someone can provide the still image I can do the rest.

• 1 month later...

there is no seperate layer in the AI files for the logo, unfortunately. As Draco mentioned, they are oftenly part of the original images. Actually I don't think it is worth all the effort to remove, make a new background in PS , reimport to AI and rerender, just to change a 2 to a 3. I don't think it is important enough, sorry.

• 2 months later...

@vogliadicane Your work is amazing! I cannot tell you how much I love all of these and appreciate all the hard work. Is there any chance you'd consider doing one for Star Wars Episode 6? I'd love to make my collection entirely a vogliadicane original, haha. I just love how you used the old move title and the overall look of them.

• 4 weeks later...