All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

Hey Alex,

may you also update the "no grill"-version? Since I did not see any difference I´ve downloaded the "grill"-version as well and saw that this version is obviously different.

The "no grill"-version is still the former lighting style.

Many thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Jannek

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Love the classic look, Thanks for you hard work.

Just wondering if you have matching images for the no grill versions? Considering using the static version when in game so as not to be too distracting.

Thanks,

Wob

If you check again through the posts, you should see that he provides links to both grill and no grill versions of his videos. 

If you identify any broken links, please let him know for which backglass. 

You could also use an image capture program, such as Greenshot, open the non-grill video and capture a still with the lighting effect frozen as you like it and save to file. Would need to open the video as wide as possible within a window to keep the dimensions as close to accurate as possible.

Yes as I said I am after the matching image, I can grab it, just though you might have it to save me doing it. I like to have the image as well as the video I let PinballX do the backglass as I don't want the overhead of the video playing via PinballX, and at least with VP tables if you have the image it flicks to the image rather than a blank screen during loading.

Again thanks for your work.

• 4 months later...

lol day one after release and you point out it doesn't fit anymore :P

But nice to see that people still appreciate these. I will see, it is really a lot of work and I don't have the logo in each PS file in a seperate layer. But I'm sure, I'll find some solution - sooner or later.

But now let me first install PBFX3 myself, I didn't, yet :)

Edit: much worse is, that my Cab decals are now outdated, too - 2 months after I applied it. There is also a PBFX2 logo on it :angry:

not sure, if I understand right.

Do you mean YOU could add the PBFX3 logo?

Edit: I think I got you now. You mean - no matter who - basically take the video file as it is and just add the new logo (maybe covering the old one). Good idea. Does that work with compressed formats without making them more lossy?

It would be no problem to "tamper" with the existing videos without recoding, I just tried that. The only problem is, that the current PBFX3 logo is much longer and e bit more slim than the PBFX2 logo, so I must create a new suitable logo...

Update: How about that (humble try, since I am no graphic designer ;))

PBFX3_OVL.thumb.png.4c122007d0366fba7935feb7008cc656.png

Well, you may be right, but as mentioned before, I am no graphic artist, and the „3“ simply covers the „2“ below ;)

So everybody is invited to create a new logo to cover up an existing FX2 logo in the backglass images and videos, because the overlay process using FFMPEG itself is quite easy.