All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

On 14.12.2016 at 2:57 PM, Carny_Priest said:

Avidemux, ffmpeg, handbrake, etc. There are lots of free options.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Carny, ffmpeg doesn't work for my jobs (tried it before, but don't remember what wa the issue), Avidemux can't read my avi uncompressed files, but handbrake is perfect for me. It is not as handy with file name and folders handling, but the results are much better!

I reencoded SKYRIM, so please everybody redownload from the post before and please tell me, if the quality is better now...

The new Excalibur vid was also made in "high qualitiy" encoding, so please also report for this one, how it came out.

Edit: Seems that following the links in the posts shows you the old (low quality) version in the browser, but you get the HQ, when you download, so don't judge by what you see in the browser. Or just "don't judge a book by the cover"

1 hour ago, vogliadicane said:

I reencoded SKYRIM, so please everybody redownload from the post before and please tell me, if the quality is better now...

The new HQ version is much better. For more details and clearer colors, you can lower the compression until 1MB - 1.5MB/sec. Just try it for yourself and compare. The colors and the picture looks stronger/more impressive than. If you don't fear commandline tools, you can give x264 by VIDEOLAN.org a try. But you don't need, the quality is good now. Type "x264.exe --fullhelp" or "x264.exe --fullhelp >help.txt" to get the list with command options.

And,.. i totaly agree with you about ZEN and the Womman of Power and Bethesda pack.

Can you please upload your new HQ videos on FTP?  Then it is easier to recognize them.

Very good work again.

On 16.12.2016 at 1:20 AM, MikujanGurejwitch said:

Nice work again.

hint: at the moment, there is no animated backglass for the Power of Woman package ;-)

hint #2: Look at /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Ginsonic/Artwork/Pinball FX2/Backglass Videos on the FTP ;)

On 2016-12-22 at 10:55 PM, vogliadicane said:

I reencoded these BG videos in HQ:

- Venom

- Doom

- Fallout

- Secrets of the Deep

- Dr. Strange

You find them on the ftp or in the links within the posts in this thread and I labelled those already in HQ with --- HQ ---

These are much better, thank you!

Merry Xmas!!! :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Civil War:

based on a fantastic image I got from Jannek (Thanks a lot for that :D ! Hope you like the outcome).

I also made a "Stars n Stripes" Mod (limited collector's edition or how you want to call it ;) ). Please tell me, if the LED lights in the speakers are "too much of a good thing", not sure about that...

no grill

with grill

with grill (stars n stripes mod)

--- HQ ---

Civil War_8 copy.jpg

Civil WarSnS.jpg

• Like 7

Great job with MARVEL_CivilWar! I don't like it, i love it. more pls ;-)

There is a little problem with the noGrill versions of your reencoded videos. They don't fit the screen. Aliens have the biggest border left and right, AvP a small one and Alien Isolation just not exactly fit the screen. Your old versions fit exacly.

^^thanks a lot odie, glad to hear pepole like my work!

Mikujan and Jannek: I now know, what was the case. My encoder from some reason changed a bit the resolution (from 2132x1200 which is around 16:9 to 2078x1200). In PinballX which just stretches to the monitor's resolution this is not visible at all. In a Media Player, which maintains the original aspect ratio you can see this, because it adds black bars to the missing space. Fact is, the black bars were never part of the image information within the video. This explains our different experiences.

Taken together these few videos are not quite ok but at the same moment ok, because they work flawlessly in PinbaX, which they were made for. Anyways thanks to you both for reporting your observations. After all I could find settings, that produce correct videos in any aspect. :)

And I guess I'll upload three new ones this evening :D

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, vogliadicane said:

as promised:

Star Wars Episode 7 (alternative version):

Thanks a lot Draco, though I finally did not use your image your inspiration was great!

no grill

with grill

--- HQ ---

Star Wars 7 - The Force Awakens copy.jpg

Nice to be one's Muse whenever one can! Looks great!

I haven't had much time since our holidays, but hope to try to create a decent source image for Biolab. There isn't much in the way of good original images from Zen to I may have to get creative. ;)

• Like 2

First off, Thanks for making these! IMO these are by far the best backglass's available for FX2.

Second, is there a trick to getting them to work when playing FX2 tables? They play when scrolling through tables in Pinballx but when I choose to play a table it will use a jpg image for the backglass or nothing at all. I can't figure out how to get it to play the video backglass when actually playing a table. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again for these backglass's