All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

20 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I like the classic one, but, there again, for consistency with the other "Episode" titles, I like that the best! Great job on these!

Actually, I use the modern ones now, too, from the same reason ;)

Anyways, I made the vintage ones, so I share them, maybe some people like to use these.

Here is an image I sourced for creating my Episode VII - Star Wars - The Force Awakens mega docklet wheel. Would look great in keeping the feel with the other Star Wars "Episode" consitant with your previous works.

424653602.png

star-wars-episode-vii-the-force-awakens.png

• Like 3

On 7/28/2016 at 3:59 PM, vogliadicane said:

I know, there are already excellent BG videos out there by bloodydrake and Namsan, but I wanted something more "classical pinball"-like

Means, looking like a real static backglass with real single lamps (no fancy digital tricks) behind and some typical lighting choreography, so I made some.

Now, I want to share those I have done so far, maybe somebody finds them useful for his own cab.

My guidelines were:
1. make something, that really looks like a classic backglass
2. use as much as possible from official Pinball FX2 sources to keep it as close as possible to ZEN's original idea
3. design it like the table was designed, not the movie, that might exist: not all tables are related to the latest movies. E.g.Spiderman is definitely related to the classic comics (see the goblin costume). Same for X-Men, Thor and some more
4. use original movie sources, if the table clearly refers to the movie (e.g. Alien tables). Good fanart is of course ok, too.
5. strictly avoid any film-like digital video tricks
6. name the file so that PinballX can use it! (something, that sometimes annoys me, when I download stuff from the web. Please correct me, if my files don't match this guideline.

edit: 6b. strictly maintain the aspect ratio of originals (aim is for 4:3 and 19:6) . A circle has to look like a circle and not like an egg.

7. give a s**t about guidline 2-4, if you have a MUCH better idea :D

There are always 2 versions:
- no grill: 2133x1200 (16:9) for commonly used screen aspect ratios in 3 display cabs
- with grill: 2133x1600 (4:3) which is for me the perfect aspect ratio for 2 display setups

Don't mind the strange resolution numbers (due to my monitor), they work perfectly for e.g. 1920x1080

You can also find all of them on the gamex ftp server under /-PinballX-/Media/vogliadicane/PBFX2 BG videos

Have fun!

Man, Thanks soooo much for these, I love the look!!

^^thanks a lot Flint, glad to hear people out there like them!

Star Wars - Episode VII:

first, I wanted to use some of the film poster like images for this one. But then I stumbeled upon this one and I thought: Dang, that's it! It's epic and it fits perfectly to the story of this table.  Maybe I'll make a second version later (I think with the image Draco kindly offered me).

no grill

with grill

Star Wars 7 - The Force Awakens_1 copy.jpg

• Like 4

I like this one, but I also like the look of the image I provided you as it is consistant with the look and feel of the other "Episode" tables. Good job, though! I am using this one until you create the other! ;)

• Like 1