All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball FX2 BG videos "classic"

I know, there are already excellent BG videos out there by bloodydrake and Namsan, but I wanted something more "classical pinball"-like

Means, looking like a real static backglass with real single lamps (no fancy digital tricks) behind and some typical lighting choreography, so I made some.

Now, I want to share those I have done so far, maybe somebody finds them useful for his own cab.

My guidelines were:
1. make something, that really looks like a classic backglass
2. use as much as possible from official Pinball FX2 sources to keep it as close as possible to ZEN's original idea
3. design it like the table was designed, not the movie, that might exist: not all tables are related to the latest movies. E.g.Spiderman is definitely related to the classic comics (see the goblin costume). Same for X-Men, Thor and some more
4. use original movie sources, if the table clearly refers to the movie (e.g. Alien tables). Good fanart is of course ok, too.
5. strictly avoid any film-like digital video tricks
6. name the file so that PinballX can use it! (something, that sometimes annoys me, when I download stuff from the web. Please correct me, if my files don't match this guideline.

edit: 6b. strictly maintain the aspect ratio of originals (aim is for 4:3 and 19:6) . A circle has to look like a circle and not like an egg.

7. give a s**t about guidline 2-4, if you have a MUCH better idea :D

There are always 2 versions:
- no grill: 2133x1200 (16:9) for commonly used screen aspect ratios in 3 display cabs
- with grill: 2133x1600 (4:3) which is for me the perfect aspect ratio for 2 display setups

Don't mind the strange resolution numbers (due to my monitor), they work perfectly for e.g. 1920x1080

You can also find all of them on the gamex ftp server under /-PinballX-/Media/vogliadicane/PBFX2 BG videos

Have fun!

• Like 9

I had a chance to look at these videos and they are very good! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the series as they definitely have more of a backglass feel to them. Great work!

• Like 3

Thanks a lot Draco, glad you like them. To your question: yes, I will definitely make many more, already some more in the works now. But ALL? Puh, can't promise that, sorry. But, who knows? All those tons of Football Tables, maybe I find an easy way to facilitate the workflow, at least for those very similar ones.

• Like 1

If you need help sourcing the background images I will be glad to see what I have or can find. Just let me know what you are looking for and the desired dimensions.

The football images vary slightly but are similar enough that you could probably apply the same lighting effects and placement.

I would love to see the full set to try out on my cab just so that I have a consistent look for everything. 

• Like 2

Yes, that would help a lot.

3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

The football images vary slightly but are similar enough that you could probably apply the same lighting effects and placement.

That's exactly, what I meant. Please please don't mind, if I contact you much later, because I want to first finish my preferred ones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, vogliadicane said:

Yes, that would help a lot.

That's exactly, what I meant. Please please don't mind, if I contact you much later, because I want to first finish my preferred ones.

I perfectly understand. That's how many of my projects get started. I am glad to assist whenever and however I can.

• Like 1