All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

SLINGFRONT via mce controller

It is probably something I am doing wrong - but I am trying to control a little program called slingfront on my htpc. Slingfront is a wrapper around the sling player activex control. I can control it via an attached keyboard just fine. It uses single letters to control most of the functions - like 'r' to bring up the remote, etc.

I am monitoring the connection and I can see the keystrokes being received by the MCE controller but for some reason the program itself is not responding.

The close command gets passed through - but nothing else...

I do have the source code to slingfront (its open source) - but don't know what to check....

It's definitely possible - you may need to edit a registry file to map buttons from the MCE remote to keys on the keyboard.

It's a while since I did it, but I recall I used this website to help me:

http://kodi.wiki/view/Using_a_Microsoft_remote_control_in_Windows

The aim is to map buttons on the remote to keys on the keyboard, but of course matching what keys you have setup to perform the various actions inside SlingFront (which is configurable).

Good luck!

• 4 months later...

I have a Logitech MMX programmable action mouse which I use for keyboard commands using Slingbox Desktop (from which I am desperately trying to escape). Using the mouse programmer, can I program the mouse actions to the control keys using SlingFront?? In my situation the keyboard controls on the computer are pretty much inaccessible, hence the controller mouse. TIA