All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Screenres getting overwritten with PinballX

mike21878

Odd bug going on since the latest PinballX update.

Running Visual Pinball X(Ten) works fine. can select the game in Pinball X, 3 monitor setup is perfect (Backglass/DMD/Playfield). The first time I boot up, all the other programs (Physmod 5 and "regular" Visual Pinball) looks fine when scrolling through. However, when I select a game that's not VPX, it switches to a 2 screen default. What will happen is that the DMD will appear on the correct screen, then be bumped by the backglass, sometimes the DMD will be on top of the backglass.

When I exit out, I see that my screenres.txt file has been overwritten. If I copy the "regular" setting back into it, open pinballX, it'll work fine until I select a non VPX game again. Then, screenres is overwritten, again. I'm attaching the pinballx.ini and log files.

I also can't get Pinball Arcade at all, so that's a minor annoyance but i'd like to get the 3 screen issue fixed first if possible.Thanks in advance!!

ScreenRes.txt

PinballX.ini

log.txt

• 1 month later...

Thanks. Turning off "Auto Position DirectB2S" worked for me.

FYI ...The issue arose for me after installing a second graphics card in my cabinet and assigning the Backglass and DMD to one card (the slower one) and the playfield to the other. Although PinballX saw the Backglass as the second display (as configured in Nvidia console) and as it was with the single graphics card, VP did not (versions 10.2, PhysMod, 9.92, 9.21). To get it to work screenres.txt needed to have the backglass assigned as display 1 with a 1920 offset in the X position (still don't understand why). WIth "Auto Position DirectB2S" enabled, PinballX would overwrite the change. The DMD on display 3 worked fine and the playfied on display 1 worked fine in all scenarios.