All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Bay Route

July 2016 GOTM Winner: ExedExes - 145,900 (link)

Bay Route
Bay Route Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 ExedExes 145,900 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
2 Mame Offender 80,000 Mame Offender's Hi-Score Entry
3 RedDog 67,750 RedDog's Hi-Score Entry
4 rtkiii 61,500 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
5 hansolo77 54,650 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
6 Floyd Turbo 51,850
7 GimmeClassics 50,550 GimmeClassics's Hi-Score Entry
8 Luigimaker 45,350 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
9 millerbrad 10,500 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 06-16-2019

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Bay Route:

ROMSet: BayRoute
Allow Continue: Off
Lives: 3
Bonus life: 100000 points
Difficulty: Normal
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings.
The red coloured values need to be changed!

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

• Like 1

You voted, here it is!  July's GOTM is none other than Bay Route.  We had 4 votes for this game.  Not much data exists for this game.  It's a Contra style Run and Gun platformer.  Hopefully we'll get more participation for this month's title.  If not, we may decide to cease activities in this forum.  It's a lot of love given work to make all this happen.  Without active participation though, it's just not worth it.  So please play and submit your scores!  Even if you don't think it's "good enough", it truly is.  Not only will you competing against other GameEx users, but you'll be earning points towards the Overall Leaderboard, which gives you a ladder to climb whether you're good at this game or not!  So lets get those submissions coming!

Here's mine for now:

Score: 54,650
Stage: 2

0001.png

I don't think I like this game very much.  2 hits and you're dead.  2 lives and it's Game Over.  Very unforgiving.  I spent probably $3 in quarters to get this, trying to beat RedDog.  Maybe I just suck.  :P

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Wow nice one!  Which weapon is the best?  I think I like the flame thrower because I can hold the button down.  :) I never got any grenades though, which I assume is that 2nd weapon.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• 2 weeks later...

I read the spiel that Han wrote about submitting even if you think the score sucks.  Well, I think this is not a good start, but in my defence I've yet to play this one.  Little ripoffs from Contra pop up left and right, with the Boss on the 1st board being the most obvious I've seen thus far.

Start me up, once you start me up, I'll never stop.....

14689662345431533020253.jpg

22 hours ago, RedDog said:

I advanced my game just a smidge today...67,750

2016-07-18 22_20_00-MAME_ Bay Route (set 3, World, FD1094 317-0116) [bayroute] b.png

I could be a total douche bag and deny this score because the initials are wrong... but I'm not a douche bag, or any feminine hygiene product for that matter.  So I'll be cool like you guys know I am, and accept it.  Haha!  Yeah that's right, I was going to take your score anyway, but felt like bringing it up cause I'm that kinda guy.  B) Nice job RD.. lol

2 hours ago, Mame Offender said:

I read the spiel that Han wrote about submitting even if you think the score sucks.  Well, I think this is not a good start, but in my defence I've yet to play this one.  Little ripoffs from Contra pop up left and right, with the Boss on the 1st board being the most obvious I've seen thus far.

Start me up, once you start me up, I'll never stop.....

14689662345431533020253.jpg

What "spiel"?  I'm dead serious!  You sole post now has you on the board.  There is room for 6 more "I'm not good enough to even post" entries, so don't feel bad at all.  In fact, you're just a few kills shy of MY score.  I should probably find some time to play this again to make sure my score isn't beaten.  That, and we don't want to see Exed with another trophy.  :D

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, hansolo77 said:

I could be a total douche bag and deny this score because the initials are wrong... but I'm not a douche bag, or any feminine hygiene product for that matter.  So I'll be cool like you guys know I am, and accept it.  Haha!  Yeah that's right, I was going to take your score anyway, but felt like bringing it up cause I'm that kinda guy.  B) Nice job RD.. lol

No, no. Hes right...we want everything to be on the up and up...I submitted the wrong screen in the first place anyway. Here you go.    :D

2016-07-18 22_20_00-MAME_ Bay Route (set 3, World, FD1094 317-0116) [bayroute] c.png

Sorry MO... being a GOTM (even though your score doesn't really put you in contention) I can't accept your score with 2 extra credits in the machine.  I mean, you let the time go so you could add initials, so obviously the game is over.  But our official rules say just 1 credit 1 play.  It's probably no big deal, and continuing would just reset your score.  I'd have to test this to verify.  But fair is fair, and this is how we role.  Can you try again with just 1 credit?  Thanks man!

@RedDog  Wow.. nice improvement...  too bad that score would put you in 1st place on the in-game board and not 5th.  :D  Nice try though lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for being a good sport about it though.  The reason we did that is because SOME games will actually keep your current score if you continue.  So you could in effect keep playing and add to your score.  Of course, if you stopped long enough to enter initials, that's you're own fault.  Not to mention that you could have popped in 5 credits to start with and just now got down to 0.  There's no real way to know.  We just made this rule to try and keep everything fair.

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Ok, the clock is ticking.

The mission: To take over first place and beat that pesky Exed Exes player.  It's not going to be easy, but I'm gonna try!!  

Here we go!!