Hi all,  As a long time Hyperspin user I have been waiting for gameex evolution to come out forever. I didn't have gameex setup when I installed evolution. First of all I ran the wizard and setup most of the paths, except the rom path which would not accept where I pointed it to even though it was the correct path. I had to manually type it in. After I launched the application, I tried a game at random which failed to start. I realised it was because I had to set command line options for mame, even though I didn't have to on my hyperspin and launchbox setups. Secondly the video snaps were not working. I couldn't be bothered installing codecs aswell, as these were not needed on my other frontends.

15 minutes in and I still hadn't played a game, I decided It just all seemed to much work and unnecessarily over complicated compared to my other frontends (Hyperspin, Launchbox, Mala, Attract mode) so I have to say I am disappointed, and I wouldn't use this program even it it remained free.

So, a frontend user like you who have set up Hyperspin claims Game EX is over complicated.

Don't feed the troll !

Obviously he doesn't understand the definition of an Alpha release. Just joined yesterday and posted this today. No feedback other than to complain and disparage the program that is admittedly far from complete. No desire to help make things better. I have to admit a bit of surprise that it took this long for a troll to register and post. 

I have to agree, we are doing very well on the troll front so far. I was expecting worse.

I am just going to go ahead and lock this. Too old and wise for this BS.

• Like 2