All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mega Docklets Style Zaccaria Pinball Wheel Images

For those running Zaccaria Pinball, I have started a collection of Mega Docklets Style Zaccaria Pinball Wheel Images. Below is a sampling.

You will find the complete offerings to date on the FTP  /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Draco1962/Zaccaria Pinball/Wheel Images.

Zaccaria Pinball - Blackbelt (1986).png

Zaccaria Pinball - Hot Wheels (1979).png

Zaccaria Pinball - Locomotion (1981}.png

Zaccaria Pinball - Robot (1985).png

Of course you are.. LOL! Not yet, but working on it. Had just a few minutes the other night to start putting together some wheels and have played a little with it outside of PinballX. The UI is a bit basic which could be good or bad. If they keep with the grid view they have, I don't doubt that we may see some integrated support in the future.  I look forward to seeing if they will put out more cab-friendly controls and perhaps some command line options in the future.

The following 18 wheel images are available on the FTP located under  /-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Draco1962/Zaccaria Pinball/Wheel Images.

Blackbelt 
Devil Riders 
Earth Wind Fire 
Farfalla 
Future World 
Hot Wheels 
Locomotion 
Magic Castle 
Mexico '86 
Pinball Champ 
Pinball Champ '82 
Robot 
Shooting the Rapids 
Soccer Kings 
Space Shuttle 
Spooky 
Star God 
Time Machine

The remaining 20 will take considerably more time to source background and logo images. They include:

Aerobatics 
Cine Star 
Circus 
Clown 
Combat 
Fire Mountain 
House of Diamonds 
Lucky Fruit 
Moon Flight 
Mystic Star 
Nautilus 
Pool Champion 
Red Show
Star's Phoenix 
Strike
Supersonic 
Universe 
Winter Sports 
Wood's Queen 
Zankor 

I am not sure when I will return to this set as I have other projects that I need to return to and continued "real life" stuff to deal with. I have attached the .xcf/.psd templates if anyone wants to pick up the challenge and complete the set before I return to it again.

Zaccaria_Pinball_Wheel.zip

• Like 1

I have most of the logos for the SS tables  in my folder (FTP), most are better quality of what is found in your PSD file.

I'm only missing: Mystic Star and Spooky.

I'm missing 10 of the logos for the EM tables.  I might redraw them in the future.  but I don't plan to ad this to my system any time soon.

I'm not going to spend any money on this until they have full Cab support.

some examples

Circus (Zaccaria).png

Devil Riders (Zaccaria).png

Pinball Champ 82 (Zaccaria).png

Space Shuttle (Zaccaria).png

• Like 1

Thanks for the tip. I will take a look and may update them when time permits. I am hopeful that they are more responsive to pincab support than FarSight has been with TPA. I went ahead and took advantage of the recent sale as they had a decent number of unique tables at a good price.

You could always sign up as a Supporting Member to gain access to these and more. The cost is not that prohibitive for a yearly membership and well worth it IMO.

Don't want to pay? Contributors of content are also recognized by the staff from time to time for their efforts and also receive full access to the FTP and more.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

Good work! May be best to continue the artworks convo in the Zaccaria Mega Docklets thread in the Media Projects subforum.

Waiting until you can dump all of the pngs for the bottom logos when done is fine. Thanks for picking up the additional docklets!

EDIT: I knocked these together on www.flamingtext.com - Retro logo and years 2016-2020

retro.zip

retro.png

2018.png

Those look great!  TIL www.flamingtext.com :D  I work from home, and today I have virtually zero on my plate.  Let's see if I can stay focused on knocking some of these out.

Thanks. I'm not a Mega Docklet's guy but I'm definitely interested in the bottom logos/table name images. I tend to use those exclusively for wheel images instead of templates or heavy character based images. I like to keep it rather simple.

Also, I've drawn hundreds of instruction cards and uploaded to my folder on the FTP. I've always uploaded my source files as well (Illustrator mostly). I don't think space is much of an issue in case you did want to provide PSD source files.

I started the Mega Docklets while working on GameEx to include with one of my themes likely just before PinballX. 

Of course, with so many systems and tables, it is difficult to keep up with all.

The images below are not Mega Docklets but demonstrate the use of the Retro and Year logo mods for a different set I work on from time to time. Note that the Nautilus logo is one that Carny obtained from a flyer to the best quality he could achieve. It did not appear close to what appears on the backglass of the actual table so I enhanced the color depth quite a bit and applied a wave effect via GIMP. While still not quite the original, it is very close in intent at least.

nautilus.png

nautilusretro.png

nautilus2018.png

Nautilus (Zaccaria 1977).png

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Took some time and created 3 more. i'm still missing lots of them and it aint easy to recreate the logos. The hippie logo is from the backglass picture same with granada logo but i modified it "tried" adding the missing parts. It looks ok on in my pinball x version but then again they get downscaled with me.

a_hippie.png

granada.png

diamonds.thumb.png.7d7476ae75fc11857b18d4a4dc8957cd.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I just found the logos carny priest created in the past so i quickly created 4 new ones for wheels i was missing. I also do not create seperate wheels for retro or remake versions i just use the same wheel for all different versions (at the moment). All wheels based on backglass picture again. The only logo's i modified a bit are the redshow one, i tried to remove some of the blue aspects the logo still contained from cutting it out somewhere. And for the moon flight and lucky fruit logo i added / changed to a black border

I also uploaded a XCF file for gimp to the ftp on "/-PinballX-/Other Uploads/Joyrider3774/Zaccaria Pinball/Wheel Images" its based on the psd draco provided in the topic here. It still contains the original ones created by him as well. And i uploaded the images (exported versions) of the ones i created up until now to the same folder on ftp

redshow.thumb.png.edd44e942a30c30ca0531d5389e857f4.png

moonflight.thumb.png.28c336293dcc1321a6187c5eb16c724d.png

nautilus.thumb.png.0cbeecf7aa09cc412e79a2940e61f9b2.png

luckyfruit.thumb.png.aac582e411f9dcc8a0081ba7c8b43ac0.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay did 3 more, I'm not too happy about how supersonic turned out with the double logo but i wanted to keep it all similar like have a logo on the bottom. The rest that i'm missing might not be so easy to create images for as i might have to extract logo's from somewhere if even available. The logos used are either the ones from carny priest or from the visual pînball media /wheels folder on ftp except for the sypersonic one i took it from the backglass picture itselve (same as in the wheel image also), wood's queen i added black border, universe i left intact but it's missing a small portion on the left of the star it was like this in the original logo i had gotten from ftp, but it's hardly noticeable in pinballx.

Files also updated on ftp including the gimp XCF file containing all the images 

supersonic.thumb.png.633dfa71fd3ebcee6ef27474016867ab.png

universe.thumb.png.2673a7748ec21e3935d0aaf185113479.png

wqueen.thumb.png.cc615564dfcefbea1efca2702f688855.png

• Like 1