All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Pinball Arcade GUI Change

Drybonz

I had manually changed it to 0. I have played all the way through from the default 12 seconds to 29 seconds and consistantly get the same results. Even tried it at the 5- 11seconds settings previously. IDK, but all was just fine prior to Farsight making the horrendous changes to the UI. Curse them.

I did a clean install of V2.21 and PBA works fine. I loaded and played a few tables and everything exited back to PBX gracefully.

I just bought some PBA tables last night so I never saw the old interface. If I had a cab it would tee me off too!

2 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I had manually changed it to 0. I have played all the way through from the default 12 seconds to 29 seconds and consistantly get the same results. Even tried it at the 5- 11seconds settings previously. IDK, but all was just fine prior to Farsight making the horrendous changes to the UI. Curse them.

I tried changing the default seconds also, but it was no good... always just hangs on the loading screen indefinitely.  I tried it with and without the cam mod... same results.  Mine was also working prior to the new interface.

Everyone with problems should complain  on the PBA Steam discussion, and downrate their reviews.

Yep, similar result to rothbauerw. I've only started getting TPA working with PinballX in any serious way today, so I don't have any history working with the integrated launcher. For your information, I typically run PinballX at 4K downsampled so that I do not lose video backglass support with FX 2. I use the display changer helper app (dc2.exe) to change screen resolutions to 1080p and rotate the playfield screen to portrait prior to launching the freecammod. And then change back to 4K when I close out of TPA. The display switching and the launching of TPA seem to be working fine. I get to the menu screen. I can see the cursor clicking default sort (A-Z) and scrolling down but it is settling on the wrong table My database is based on the one draco attached earlier in this thread with a fix and some edits to some description tags to more closely match IPDB.

I launch these tables from a TEST sub-menu.

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Pinball Arcade.xml

TEST Pinball Arcade.xml

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 5:31 PM, Draco1962 said:

At present, this is not working for me. Attached are my .xml, log.txt and pinballx.ini files. When I attempt to launch a table, I hear what sound like some keypresses in the background, then I get a prompt asking if I really want to exit and no attempt to load a table.

Also, Game List Manager only allows for a grid that goes up to row 9. In a portrait display, there are only 4 columns across and, if you have all the tables, 18 rows down (with more to come as they add additional tables).

log.txt

PinballX.ini

Pinball Arcade.xml

I am experiencing the same. It is as if the menu goes up one and over left (exit table). Need to take the left out of the script...somewhere

4 hours ago, andyco said:

here is the xml all tables plus the new indy 500 and all grid positions this one works for me. my pinball arcade is none steam version latest 1.51.8

The Pinball Arcade.xml

El Dorado: City of Gold should be grid position 2x6

El Dorado should be grid position 3x6

CFTBL is a Bally table

Cyclone year of production is 1988

The Getaway: High Speed II is 1992

Indianapolis 500 year of production is 1995

Starship Troopers is a Sega table

Appreciate the attachment because I found some errors in my effort.

Still can't get this bloody thing to work with the integrated setup. Still hear the selections taking place at the "Click here to start" page, then clicking the exit option. Now Indy 500 shows in the list which is great since I did not purchase it. At least before in the old UI they didn't throw unpurchased content into the menu. So I have to correct the xml to put in a table's position that i haven't purchased. Just lovely. Throwing in the towel on this one for now, just too frustrating at the moment.

On 28.6.2016 at 0:54 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Yes, grid positions all new since they are different anyway. Otherwise everything else should be auto unless you are for some reason on the old version with the old interface then change the setting in the setup wizard.

I have only 3 columns so need to have 25 rows. Limit seems to be 20 right now.