All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Pinball Arcade GUI Change

Drybonz

I merged your question about Pinball Arcade with the ongoing thread for the same. Some have had success, while many others have not. 

It was working at one time until FarSight changed the table select UI and messed it up for many using it on their pincabs.

Hi all,

my alternative was to just give in to the fact that the script works on some setups but not on mine so basically i used the other emu option in game settings(suggested by Carny) and then added the pinballcarcade.exe and later once i get a dx11 capable gfx card, will change it to the freecam mod exe and fire up pinballarcade.exe(dx11) from the mod itself.

But the difference is i have configured my pinball arcade stick using xpadder to emulate a mouse cursor so i can change tables within Farsights own GUI, its a major workaround and means i cannot have each of my tables within the PinballX gui which i love doing but if it means that i can at least have Pinball Arcade as an option within the PinballX gui then so be it, it works and i am happy with that :) Just means i added a nice animated backglass to show a few tables as well as animated table video and generic DMD on the pinballx gui, when it goes it, at the moment i am just not hiding the DMD and backglass with the xml option and later will configure the freecam mod to do everything i require.

hope this helps

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/21/2016 at 3:10 PM, Draco1962 said:

A recent FB Messenger conversation between me and a rep from FarSight Studios regarding cabinet support for TPA:

Me: Will The Pinball Arcade ever provide true virtual pinball cabinet support for its tables? While our community is probably small in comparision to the larger more casual TPA community, theor enthusiasm for creating a more realistic pinball experience is second to none.

TPA: Hello there!

Unfortunately Cab support has been put on hold, but if you go to the Pinball Arcade fan forums there are some people there with camera modes to help get the game running. :)

Me: The problem with the camera mode is that it breaks with every UI change and new table added. Most cab users have tables from other emulators and sims that accessed via a frontend, such as PinballX or HyperPin that unify all via one interface. All but The Pinball Arcade offer command line support to load the tables. Adding such support should not be that difficult. Adding the ability to position the DMD on the monitor of choice shouldn't be much more difficult as others provide this as well. Just adding command line support for calling the individual tables would go a long way with the community in continued support for your product.

TPA: It is not that it is difficult, it has to do with our licensing agreements, we do not have permission for full cab support. Sorry for the trouble.

That should be the end of any expectations for cabinet support for anyone expecting it over the last few years. It would have been nice to know that there was never any intent to provide it, I respect the fact of licensing. I get that. I don't get why it was not mentioned sooner rather than dangling the carrot other than to draw in the extra sales.

It would really be helpful to list this in some FAQ thread like "Pinball systems that support Cabinet Mode." Previously, I had bought all 6 seasons of Pro packs because they were on sale and I was still building my cabinet, so I've now gone to request a refund for all of them. Someday I might want them again, but for now, I really just want tables that will "just work" in my cabinet.

Update!: Looks like this mod released PinballX support for direct launching of PBA tables. I'll work on testing/setup this weekend and see if I can't produce a guide for new configs. There is already some documentation on the other site.

http://pinballarcadefans.com/showthread.php/10199-DOWNLOAD-Pinball-Arcade-Free-Camera-Mod?p=255453&viewfull=1#post255453

A new mod's version (v1.78) is available !

Changelog:

- Updated to work with game's version 1.58.5 DX11.
- Added new table (WorldTour) support.

New features:

- Right-click menu on mod's traybar icon, to generate offline file, settings (coming soon), etc.
- Direct table launching for pincab frontends (PinballX, etc), add "-table tablename" to mod's command line, here is a list of available table names.
(Don't forget to set path to game executable in Settings.ini file otherwise the game won't start.)

The mod is now auto-updating and downloads the new build if the executable has been modified, just restart it to download the new version.