All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Pinball Arcade GUI Change

Drybonz

I keep mine from updating for just that reason, Carny.

Draco, that's right but  its the work of a few seconds to rename the files, <sarcasm mode on>it's the price we pay for the outstanding community support that Farsight provides <sarcasm mode off>

Running PinballX version 2.27 and TPA version 1.53.5 DX11 with FCM (V3 Interface)

Correctly selects within A-F. I think G-Q behaves OK although I don't actually have any tables in that section. R-Z, it looks like with any table I select the cursor goes back to row 14, last row of G-Q. In R-Z I only have Ripley's, TOTAN, and TOM. All are in col 2, and the selector always selects POTO. Tried all Table Select Delay settings.

TEST Pinball Arcade.xml

50 minutes ago, mace said:

Yep, I've tried that and the last rows of the last R-Z block are not reading :-(

Tom, my suggestion would be to give up on the 'a-z' tab and use the 'owned' tab instead, it has no separators or odd spacing

I seem to recall a similar suggestion... hmmmm.. :P

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I just have a problem I didn't have few days ago. Since the last steam update when launching TPA from PINBALLX all the process is stopped by a little window asking me if I want to launch the game from another software, this window avoids game from starting and keys pressing. I launch everything in admin mode. Any ideas?

I don't think that your issue is related to this thread, but hard to tell as you are a little light on details.  Is the other software window from Steam?  Is Steam up to date? Have you tried launching TPA directly outside of PinballX to see exactly what is generating the prompt?

4 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Still the A-Z is still working for me personally.

Do you have more than enough tables to fill the screen? Does your display show any break down of the tables list in alpha sections (A-H, G-M, etc)?

11 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I don't think that your issue is related to this thread, but hard to tell as you are a little light on details.

Sorry, my bad. I will try some things and then will look for the appropriate thread.

38 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Do you have more than enough tables to fill the screen? Does your display show any break down of the tables list in alpha sections (A-H, G-M, etc)?

Yes, and yes. I believe it should be the same as everyone else using the DX 11 version. I am using FCM. Perhaps it needs a bit more of a delay on slower machines. Here is a patch.

PinballX.zip

FCM got updated, so I can test

A-Z selection:

Selection on tables A-F seems good.

It goes awry with R-Z. Cursor seems to want to go back to the G-Q section. I had the correct table selected in the R-Z section once out of about six times. Tested medium, long, and very long delay

My Tables selection:

grid position 1x1 does not get selected. I have three other Owned tables that make up the first row. The other tables get selected correctly.

I typically enable the free table of the month (Dr. Dude this month). It is in the Unowned section. I can hear the cursor selection happening but the selection does not move down rows consistently. Tested short, medium, long, and very long

Very long selects the correct column but two rows up.

All other delays selects the correct column but remains on the first row (Owned tables).

Perhaps for those who own all of the tables, the "My Tables" support will work well.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

I finally solved a riddle that cost me hours of sleep and nervers :) - TPA is working now.

My final problem was it seems that I apparantly stumbled over a little Bug left in the current version of PinballX.

My problem was, that TPA would hang in the very start screen whenever I launched it with PinballX. I think I tried almost everything apart from downgrading to Windows 7 (which I read somewhere would help). I followed the latest advises to just set everything to default with the green check button but it did not help. So after messing around for some hours today I discovered the wonderful PinballX log. (It actually helps to read the help guidelines!).

So the log was telling me that it launched the V.2 interface! Even directly after setting the default values, which should launch the V.3 instead! To resolve this I selected the V.2 interface, exited the Setup to save and went back in to change back to V.3.

After that it worked immediately!

So for all beginners who also have problems with TPA here are my settings to get it working. (And also get some of the other Simulators to work)

• Windows 10 (yes it works!)
    • User Account Control disabled (to be able to run as administrator without getting confirmation dialogs)
  • PinballX.exe
    • set to always run as Administrator (I think the AHK script running for the table selection does not work without it)
  • Pinball Arcade
    • DX9 with a Fullscreen Window (I am not sure if real fullscreen works)
    • It also works with DX11. Use this exe (and specify it in the PinballX launcher instead of the Steam.exe to get the TPAFreeCamMod working
      • TPAFreeCamMod requires DX11 Windowed Fullscreen

After you get this to work you just have to update your gamelist with the grid locations of the games you own.

For this remember that the first number is the row, the second is the column!

The script works with the owned tables, so whenever you buy a new table pack you will have to redo the grid locations.

To make setting the script locations easier, I just took a screenshot with Steam of the table selection screen.

That's it!

I hope this helps some of you guys who are facing the same problem

Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...

Have we given up on launching tables due to their interface redesign? Should I just set as a custom setup and launch the game direct and select tables within PBA? I also use DMDext which works perfectly with PBA.

I found the V2-V3 interface bug also. Did what you explained and that fixed it..I set PBX to windowed and It can launch the DX9 version without the table selection. I cannot get it to launch the DX11 version. Not sure the settings to use? I have to launch steam.exe or PBS locks up. I need DX11 to run because I have a real DMD (pinDMD v3).

Tomorrow I will rename ThePinballArcade.exe to DX9 and rename the DX11 to ThePinballArcade.exe. This should allow me to use DMDext.

I still need an AHK script to select tables. If anyone has one please post.

Thanks!

I can get PBX to launch the executable with no problem but is there a way to launch tables directly? It just goes to the main menu and I have to click on Arcade. I launched with interface version 3 per the log file. I've seen the other thread where there was beta testing back in October but no further explanation on how to set up? Are there supposed to be X Y grids in the PBA XML? Does FCM need to be installed? I haven't messed with it yet.

log.txt

Pinball Arcade.xml

SetupWizard.xml