All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[ATTN TOM] Pinball Arcade GUI Change

Drybonz

I haven't uninstalled yet either, but haven't seen if they have changed the UI under My Tables to the same level that they have with the alpha sub groups under A-Z. If not, that would be the best option to use. If they have, then it really doesn't matter.  I will be glad to try to test again, but haven't much time during the next week due to family issues.

I just logged as I wasn't able to load tables and discovered this thread.

In my opinion, this has come to a point in which the community and modders should adapt the cam mod and launcher to non retail versions. I mean,many of us love TPA, we buy their tables and respect their position, but the new interface doesn't even work with a controller for Christ sake (not even well).

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, mace said:

Tom, my TPA FreeCamMod set up is working again with the new PinballX v2.23 build.

Perfect.

How long this time work? 1 week? 1 month? After? another month without work?

As the song says: "1 2 3 one step forward Maria, 1 2 3 one step back"

3 minutes ago, PcTeknic said:

Perfect.

How long this time work? 1 week? 1 month? After? another month without work?

As the song says: "1 2 3 one step forward Maria, 1 2 3 one step back"

Trying to help Dude, not trying to argue.......

Yes Yes of course.

All I'm saying is that now works because it has been updated, but that soon will be the same.

While TPA do not do something, we are always the same.

It is not my intention to criticize your answer, if not TPA.

Not if the translator will have put something wrong.

• Like 1

Cool, sorry that's what comes of reading things quickly in a train strike.

Yes Farsight are all gits, they promised support, showed cabinet demonstrations and based on their empty promises we all bought a pile of tables that now only work on the one thing we all are trying to avoid, a desktop PC.

I'd like it to work on principle but to be honest I'll probably just use VPinballX and dump the lot

• Like 1

Sadly they have legions of phone users and only a few enthusiasts. Of course if they invited those of us who are engrossed in pinball and prepared to spend hours trying to recreate it to test the product it may get better.......but that would imply that someone cares enough to reach out to the community. It really is their loss as, even if they cannot support cabinet modes, coming clean and clearly explaining this would be an honest step forward. And there is no reason for them to build that terrible interface, even on a PC it's simply awful.... 

Pinball FX2 and pro- pinball , also have their versions of Android without cabinet support. But its PC version if you have cabinet support, pro- pinball since its launch and PinballFX2 by user requests . If they want possible, but do not want .

2.26 installed by unfortunately not working, videos as before results are consistent:

Short: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjnJlPayZf-oFiGN6hHw

Medium: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjnJlUSd3Fy-_c4a_HVw

Long: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjnJlRUUJC7o0I4QMZoA

Very Long: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjnJlSJMghIJp2sdonlA

Try to ignore the domestic running commentary in the background....<sigh>

One other point Tom, I run a small batch file to rotate the screen on choosing 'Exit' from the PinballX menu, it works fine but I've noticed that I get a CMD.EXE crash every time I choose the 'Shutdown' option. Although this is irritating rather than critical I've tried to fix it by experimenting with the wait for program to end setting but it's made no difference. Disabling the exit batch program stops the error but also stop the 'Exit' functioning correctly. I wondered if it would be possible to check the 'Exit' program had completed before ac tioning //shutdown?

10 minutes ago, Tom Speirs said:

I think you need to set the interface mode to V3. It is a new value.

Ill look at the other issue when I get a chance.

Thanks for taking a look.

Well that will teach me to read the release notes......it now works perfectly on all speeds Tom, well done and thank you.

The only remaining issue now is as a game finishes the final score window is out of focus and therefore the only option is to exit and reload the game to play again, not sure if this is fixable other than by moving the mouse. at the moment if anyone else has the issue giving the table a nudge works........

I have tested the latest version and still have problems regardless of the delay selected. I can hear what sounds like keypresses while at the TPA Start screen. I am not using the Free Camera Mod, just the integrated support. 

I will provide copies of my logfile and pinballx.ini files when I am able to fire up the pincab. 

I am running the DX9 version since there is no way (at least that I am aware of) to call it into action via the integrated TPA support without either a.) renaming the exe or b.) running the FCM. I will try changing the settings in TPA DX9 exe to see if that makes any difference. Thanks for the tip.

P.S. If anyone has a tip on how to run the DX11 exe without renaming the exe or using FCM or using any AHK trickery, I am willing to try it.

I've just renamed the DX9 version from pinballarcade.exe to pinballarcade9.exe then copied the pinballarcade11.exe and renamed the copy to pinballarcade.exe and dropped it back into the same folder. that keeps Steam happy if that's what you are trying to avoid upsetting