All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

New Loading Images - Ongoing Thread

Ongoing thread for the sharing of custom Loading Images.

**NOTE: Backup existing loading.png file on your system (in another location).  Rename the new loading image to loading.png and replace the original file.

As Jannek states in the thread below., if you wish to use multiple images and have PBX randomly select them, simply add the extra images to the 'Loading Images' folder.

Loading3.png

Loading2.png

Edited by RustyCardores
Thread became "ongoing" as requested.
  • Like 3

You don't have to rename it. You may place several PNGs in the loading folder. PinballX shows the images in randomized order. I'm using about ten different images (Batman themed).

Kind regards,

Jannek

• Like 1

OK, Draco, so here they come. I don´t know if those are really interesting for most others due to the fact that they are themed according to my upcoming Cab layout...

But, as you wish.

A.png

B.jpg

C.jpg

D.png

E.jpg

• Like 2

Besides being awesome, regardless of whether the images are for a theme or not, it is the variety of the images that are available that matters. Some may use them for their own machines, while for others they may inspire more original creations! Well done!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Besides being awesome, regardless of whether the images are for a theme or not, it is the variety of the images that are available that matters. Some may use them for their own machines, while for others they may inspire more original creations! Well done!

My cab is white body / black top and can't help but think how amazing these would look on my cab.  So jealous of Jannek's work. I'm a photographer and not bad at creating images with light, I've made a living out of it, but when it comes to a pencil, a brush or a graphics tablet.... I'm completely hopeless.

• Like 1

Many thanks for your words. But to be honest those images are just a collection of images already available in the internet (sometimes with slight adjustments like cropping to fit the images to match the the portrait view). So, no need for more flowers anymore. ;)

Kind regards,

Jannek

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow Guys awesome job, ive  been looking for loading images and had been "borrowing" some gifs from the net as loading images but these are by brilliant and just what i personally needed.

@Jannek - nicely done.

and like the way @RustyCardores has the Loading over the different tables, already added some to my cab.

Please keep up the great work. Hugely appreciated.

Ian.

• 1 year later...

Kind of following on from RustyCardores image theme, attached is the overlay i use on table images for use as loading images by table (using plugin) for visual pinball. The transition from table loading to being ready to play is pretty seamless and pretty darn cool if you use a table image matching your current POV settings. Even better if you don't select Hide Backglass for tables in xml/game manger (assuming no performance impact on your system and you're using a backglass image or video) so the backglass doesn't go to a black screen during load either

Example loading image;

36265922_ACDCPremium(Stern2012).thumb.png.f644171f171401868310ec906b0a5cd2.png

If you're not sure how to create these here's a quick how to of one way;

1. Use PBX Recorder to record the table images
  2. (Optional to reduce size), bulk upload images to Birme site to change to 1920*1080 (or whatever)
  3. Download zip and extract to working folder 
  4. Select all in file explorer to rotate all images to portrait 
  5. Open loading overlay in paint.net (gimp if you prefer) select all and copy. Open table images one at a time, add layer, paste the overlay, merge layer down and save (keep filename)
  6. (Optional to further reduce file size) bulk upload images to tinypng to compress images
  7. Copy resultant png files into pinballx\media\loading images folder. 

LoadingOverlay.zip

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...