All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Virtual Drive Loader X GameEx X Emulators

Alan Ribas

Currently I use the "Virtual Drive Loader" plugin in the following systems:
FM TOWNS MARTY (UNZ)
SEGA SATURN (SSF)
TURBO GRAFX 16 CD (MAGIC ENGINE)

Command lines that used were these:

Mounting CD: -mount scsi, G, "[RomPathFull]"
Dismantling CD: unmount G

Everything worked perfectly. But after I formatted the computer such command lines no longer work.

When I try to run any of these systems comes this message: "syntax error in parameter mount". I already checked in Daemon Tools program and associations with the files were made. When I click on cd image it is mounted. The conclusion I draw is that there's something wrong with the command line used in the plugin Virtual Drive Loader.
In summary: I think with the update Daemon Tools perhaps the command line has changed.

Could someone tell me which command lines could work? because with the current command line virtual drive can not be created.

FM TOWNS MARTY.ini

GameEx.ini

log.txt

SATURNO.ini

TURBO GRAFX CD.ini

You don't need a command line set up in the plugin. Remove these.

In the emulator command-line in Gameex, add [dtools]. So fir example:

ssf.exe [dtools]

That's all you need, let the plugin do the rest of the work for you.

I tried to do what I suggested Adultery. Command lines emulators that I mentioned already were as follows:

1) Unz.exe -fs [dtools]
2) pce.exe cd: G [dtools]
3) SSF.exe [virtual-drive] [dtools]

I also tried:

1) Unz.exe [dtools]
2) pce.exe [dtools]
3) SSF.exe [dtools]

It also did not work. I removed the command lines as guided me and yet the virtual drive is not created. (Photo attached)
In both
attempts, using different command lines, no virtual drive was created. The emulator opens normally but without the virtual drive nothing happens.

file.png

Hi Alan,

Understand that the integrated Virtual Drive function in GameEx is different than the Virtual Drive Loader plugin. You appear to be using elements from both when you should use one or the other.

For example, to use the most excellent Virtual Drive Loader plugin with SSF.exe (Saturn), do the following:
- Set the emulator command line to SSF.exe [DTLoader]
- In the Virtual Drive Loader plugin, set the Mount Command for the SSF.exe emulator to -mount dt, V, "[RomFullPath]" where V is the letter of the virtual drive
- In the Virtual Drive Loader plugin, set the Unmount Command for the SSF.exe emulator -unmount_all

The [virtual-drive] command is only used with the virtual drive functionality that is integrated into GameEx. Do not use this command with an emulator if you have configured it with the Virtual Drive Loader plugin as well. It will just confuse GameEx. Hopefully this clarifies things for you.

• Like 1

I did what you told me RedDog.
I added the command line "SSF.exe [DTLoader]" (printscreen 1)
I added the other command lines:
to create: -mount dt, G, "[RomFullPath]"
to dismantle: -unmount_all

The DaemonTools program opens, but the virtual drive is not created (printscreen 3).
So the message appears in print screen 4", "CD ???? ??????", indicating what had already spoken. The virtual drive is not created.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

You're using an SCSI drive. Thar GameEx command should be [DTools-SCSI] instead.

And again, you don't need any command line in the plugin. Setting one will override the automation.

Can you turn on debugging in the plugin and send me the log in the Plugins>DT Loader folder?

Oh hang on a sec. You're on version 1.1.9, but the plugin is version 1.2.2 - You need to update for DT 10 support.

I updated the Virtual Drive Loader plugin to version 1.2.1
Added the command line: SSF.exe [DTools-SCSI]
I removed the existing command lines in the Virtual Drive Loader plugin.
Still a message appears saying "syntax error in parameter mount."
I also tried the command line:
SSF.exe [DTLOADER-SCSI]
SSF.exe [DTLOADER]
SSF.exe [DTOOLS]

They also did not work.

Log again please. Settings file from the same folder too please. It works for me, I didn't have to change anything. But with no log I wouldn't be able to guess what the problem is.

Hey Alan,

Check that drive letter G isn't already reserved. I notice that your data drive is D and I would guess that your optical drive is E or F. That does not leave much of a margin if you have a flash drive or external drive plugged in as well. You might want to choose a higher letter for the virtual drive to avoid possible conflicts.

Also, as Adultry commented, the latest version of the plugin is 1.2.2, not 1.2.1. Best to be on that version before posting new files. You can get it through his link a couple posts above.

• Like 1

The letter G driver is free.
All the letters that you saw are hard drives. I have no CD drive.
now updated the plugin to version 1.2.2
In relation to choose a drive letter, I deleted the command lines that were present in the plugin "VIRTUAL DRIVE LOADER". The only existing command line is now this: SSF.exe [DTOOLS-SCSI]
I also tried the command line: SSF.exe [DTLOADER-SCSI]. Unsuccessfully.
I saved the .log file again the two lines of command mentioned above.

dtloader [DTOOLS-SCSI].log

dtloader [DTLOADER-SCSI].log

So are you certain you have an SCSI drive installed? I know you mentioned you did, but I want to be sure.

I've also heard folks mention that they've had to uninstall and reinstall DAEMON Tools if that isn't running the command line properly.

I can tell you from the log that is sending the right command line for your version. The plugin is working exactly as it should, and this is looking more like a DAEMON Tools issue. 

Please try one more time the [DTools] switch without the SCSI component. Also try and run the batch file from the plugin configuration after. 

Hey @Alan Ribas, I uploaded a new version of the plugin. Now you can select your drive type from the dropdown and press the green check mark to make sure it mounts images properly. If nothing happens try a different drive type. This way you don't even have to launch GameEx to make sure the plugin works. This feature previously wasn't working with DT 10. Pardon my crude highlighting.

test_mount.png

Uninstalled and then reinstalled again DaemonTools version 10.4.
I installed the 1.2.3 version of the "Virtual Drive Loader".
This photo # 1 shows that the SCSI drive is correctly installed right?
Regarding the command line should be in GameEx, I added this, and asked me: photo 2.
Photo 3 shows how is the configuration of the "Virtual Drive Loader". I removed the command line, as in the Picture.
If that. Yet the virtual drive is not created.

1.png

2.png

3.png

But did you do what I asked? Click the green check mark. Does it mount the test iso?

Ok, still sounds like a DAEMON Tools issue to me. If you can't even mount that way is something else, the plugin is working I assure you. Just for shiggs, where is GameEx installed? Is this a permissions issue?

Also it looks like you're using Plugin Manager instead of the Repository Manager. I'm not sure if that matters.

The GameEx program is installed on drive C: \
I set up the daemontools to run with permissions of board administrator. Yet it is not the mounted disk.
Maybe I should
use a different program to create a virtual drive. After DaemonTools which program do you recommend?

I mean DAEMON Tools is my goto. We should really get that working. :)

Maybe we should get a TeamViewer session going or something.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Adultery said:
On ‎25‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 10:24 AM, Adultery said:

I mean DAEMON Tools is my goto. We should really get that working. :)

Maybe we should get a TeamViewer session going or something.

Please help me Adultery!!! If you do not capable, no one will. :(