All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

EmuMovies Sync

stigzler

This one's @Tom Speirs really. 

Tom - is there any chance on your next update to EmuMOvies Sync you can add an option to specify a system's root folder directly instead of the app making it for you. Problem being, I already have my folder setup for my systems in a standardised format (off the GameEx format, of course), but EmuMovies Sync crates it's own. 

For example, I have the folder "Sony Playstation" which then contains subfolders (e.g. "Game" "system") but then EmuMovies creates a folder called "Sony_Playstation." I guess as you have to specify the system when choosing the download location, this should work OK?

So - any way of cutting out the creation of "Sony_Playstation" and just putting the sub-folders into the download location directly?

Edit: Main issue being, if I manually move the sub foldrrs this ruins the sync. Therefore, its except tge existing folder structure or nothing...

• Like 1

Well, the additional problem for me is that my folder structure is like this:

System

> Games

>> Various games assets folders including snap/title/box etc

> System

>> System Intros

>> System Pictures

> Emulators

>> Emu Images

>> Emu Settings

So can't even just point sync towards a 'new' assets folder. So now, kinda kills the functionality of sync as have to download and manually move assets. Once done this, of course, kills the 'sync' functionality as files are now elsewhere. :(

I'm conscious that I'm registering quite a few requests of Tom/Headkaze at the moment - but I'm hoping they're just small code adjustments :)

I have this issue too, but I've always just accepted it as a slight annoyance to work around.

4 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

It might be a while but there will be a GameEx and Evo specific sync tool in the future. Tailored to how settings are within GameEx.

Good to know there will be more options in the future. Thank you Tom.