All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Need Assistance

MNMax21

Hey all,

I am hoping I might be able to get a little assistance with an issue I've come across in Windows 10, that is unrelated to GameEx.  I have an iPac 4, which I use to power my arcade control panel.  It's a PS/2 connector on the board and then USB 2.0 to the computer.  About 2 months ago (I think), I upgraded to Windows 10.  Everything was working just fine, then I went down there last night and Windows 10 could not properly recognize the iPac 4 board.  It was listed in device manager, but unknown.  It should work like a plug and play keyboard device.  It says "Unknown USB Device (Invalid Device Descriptor)" in device manager. I contacted Andy over at Ultimarc and he says everything should work fine in Windows 10. He said I could ship it to him and he'd check it out. That'll be shipping from USA to England though. I'd like to try and troubleshoot a bit first, so I am looking for ideas.

I have tried to uninstall the software and then reinstall. That did not work. I cannot locate a driver for the device anywhere on the internet. I plan on trying to connect it to my MacBook tonight. If it works on the MacBook, I know to look more into the Windows computer. Also, I have unplugged and plugged back in a few times to see if it would register differently.

Also, can anyone recommend a good location for information on Windows 10?  I have it connected to my Gmail account and it asks for my password every time on startup.  I thought this would be cool at first, but now I am losing it.  Also, I'd like to look into disabling quite a bit of stuff.  For instance, turning off OneDrive sync, OneDrive opening on startup and notifications.  Maybe just a good tutorial.  It seems like things are in different places.

Thanks,