All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Attract Mode Hangs on Blank Screens

RustyCardores

I post this not as and problem looking for a solution, but as a solution for a problem that may arise for some today.

If you are running WIndows10 with the anti-virus software Windows Defender activated, then you will likely find that as of this morning's virus definition update, PBX's Attract Mode may hang on blank/colour screens.

The solution for this is to place the PinballX Folder and the associated .exe files onto Defender's Exclusions list. (or turn off Defender all together if you have an off-line cab and don't need protection)

If you suffer this issue, you may also be experiencing very slow tables starts or "not responding" messages for VisualPinball.  VP was effected by a virus update a couple of days ago.  The solution for this problem is once again to use Defender's Exclusions List or turn off defender all together.

I hope this may solve a few headaches for some. 

Cheers

Rusty

• Like 2