stigzler    662
4 hours ago, stigzler said:

For some reason, it's not launching from the Repository Manager, but it does from the old plugin manager. Try:

Download below. Unzip. Place in the root GameEx folder. Run. Try configure from there...

PluginManager.7z

Did you try this?

stigzler    662

NEW-AND-IMPROVED.png

V1.2.0 - "I'm having so much fun, I nearly wet 'em" edition.

Added feature to allow you to choose install folder for the CustomLists root
Can also choose the image for the Root customlist
Added picture viewer
Added ability to change default icons
Tightned up the browser at bottom left
Cleaned up the CustomMenu.ini production. No more sloppy keys
Added functioning URL facility. Now you choose from the html applicaitons setup in GameEx Setup Wizard.
Changed code to enable config launch via Repository Manager (thanks headkaze)

Also did some new vids, see 1st post for these. 

Big thanks to Headkaze for squashing a tiny bug I never would have found. 

• Like 1

jimdeprado    4

Stigzler, 

Your plugin is awesome.  I think that it will be able to get me to where I would like to see my arcade cab going.  I do have some questions, if you wouldn't mind.

1)  I was messing around with the program and I managed to get Intellivision on my startup directory and I can't seem to figure out how to get rid of it.  It is not listed as one of the items when I launch custom menu.  I tried to restart from scratch with your plugin but have had no luck.  Can you tell what I am doing wrong?

2)  Your plugin only shows a few of the games that I have on my cab.  Is there a filter that I am missing somewhere that shows everything.  Right now it just looks like it is showing games that I have played.  Ultimately I would like to create lists under each system with my favorite games.

Thanks, 
Jim

CustomLists.log

GameEx.ini

CustomMenu.ini

runitgame.bat

log.txt

stigzler    662

Thanks Jim. Your first issue: known one that's going going to take some really coding. On my list to do... 

On your second issue, you first add the game you want  on a list to your favourites in game ex. Then the game should show up on the list.. 

You can't do a list under each system. It works on a nested folder/list basis and you have to choose a location for your 'root folder.' You can of  course have a subfolder for each system... 

jimdeprado    4

stigler, 

Thanks!  I appreciate any help.  I wish I was a better coder so I could help.  I have started to look at the plugin development posts, but most of it is way over my head.  Is there a way to just reset everything back to way I had it originally (and remove the extra menu items)?

Jim

stigzler    662

If you mean how do you remove the Custom Lists generated menus:

CustomLists.png

Click "GEEditor" Select your custom lists root folder (in this instance, "Collections") and then click "Delete Item/Menu"

jimdeprado    4

Thanks, but when I click on "GEEditor", I get what I expect to see and not what is actually being displayed.  Sorry, I dont know how to insert pics like you did above.

File 20-23-41 is a pic of what displays when I open GameEx.

File 20-26-40 is a screengrab of my Custom Menus.

Thank you in advance and sorry for being a pain!

Jim

2017-07-18_20-23-41.pdf

2017-07-18_20-26-40.pdf

stigzler    662

Just screen grab a png via Screenshot Captor + then drag + drop them onto the bottom bar of the Post Reply box (the one you're typing into). Yer gonna have to lear how to sreenshot + post if yer gonna get anywhere in this hobby!

Then I'll take a look.

jimdeprado    4

Thanks!  I tried dragging the png files into this space, but nothing happened.  I can upload the files as I would normally.  Here are the files.  The first one of the menu I see when I open GameEx.  The second is my CustomMenuEditor Screen.

Thanks, 

Jim

2017-07-25_11-56-59.png

2017-07-25_12-06-12.png

stigzler    662

OK. Post your GameEx>Config>CustomMenu.ini

I'll take a look see if I can get rid of that Intellivision for you - that's what you're wanting to do?

Apols, but bit busy with other projects at the moment, but CustomLists is at the top of my coding to-do list. 

jimdeprado    4

stigzler,

No worries about anything. I am thankful for your help with this.

Thanks.  I've attached my cutommenu.ini file.  There is also another "Consoles" under Computers and a "TRS-80 Color Computer" under Admin that don't belong.

There are 2 custommenu.ini files.  One is in Config and the other is in Plugins.  The one below is in config.

I appreciate your help!

Jim

CustomMenu.ini

jimdeprado    4

stigzler, 

I managed to remove the items I wanted.  I deleted my custommenu.ini file, opened up CustomMenuEditor and created a new one.  I don't why it happened or how the custom menus were not in sync with my custommenu.ini file, but things seem to be working now.

Thanks, 

Jim

• Like 1

stigzler    662

Oh yeah, that was your other option, but didn't think you'd want to undo all your work on your setup!

Will tackle the probs as soon as I can

stigzler    662

Update:

BugFixes: Debug Window; GEData loads
CustomMenu.ini now sorted by Section and Key
CustomMenu.ini now has original header text preserved
Sorted Menu Build menu

Get here: