All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Famous for 15 Seconds (again)

Tom Speirs

Fun stuff, eh!?

For those who have been around a while this is the second time my software appeared on Shark Tank (GameEx previously).

If you saw I hope you enjoyed it.

These things should not be taken too seriously though. Its entertainment.

It is against the forum rules to post it but it is series 7 episode 28.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, tthurman said:

FYI, if you want to get right to it, skip forward to 31:25.

Be prepared, there are just as many commercials as there would be on TV.

3 minutes of commercials for 10 minutes of show using Hulu Plus. :-/

That was really cool to see his enthusiasm for the hobby and his product. I'm happy for him that he made a deal on there.

I hope it works out well for him, he's certainly passionate about his business.

I realize I'm biased, but I believe they underestimate the draw this hobby has, and how much people are willing to drop on big boy toys.  Granted they are expensive, but for someone who doesn't have the motivation and time to build a cab, there's plenty that will happily pay someone else to do it for them.  I really thought they would be chomping at the bit to get on board with this, I mean just look at how they all acted when they ran to the tables and started playing!

Dunno, they just seemed a bit short sighted to me.

The same can be said for the Arkeg that aired a few years ago (running GameEx incidentally). Neat idea to combine an upright arcade machine with built-in beer tap. I can see both featured in some celebrity homes.

Well Airkeg was kinda more of a joke if you ask me. This presentation was much better.

Congrats Tom!

I don't know that I would call it a joke, but a very niche product to say the least, and the price point at a down payment for a new economy car put it out of reach for all but maybe some wealthy frat buddies or ballers. According to this article, their business went belly up last year.

On 5/17/2016 at 5:05 AM, Tom Speirs said:

Fun stuff, eh!?

For those who have been around a while this is the second time my software appeared on Shark Tank (GameEx previously).

If you saw I hope you enjoyed it.

These things should not be taken too seriously though. Its entertainment.

It is against the forum rules to post it but it is series 7 episode 28.

I finally got around to watching this and the "sharks" were as vicious as ever. They had some valid points, and just maybe my POV is a a little skewed because I am an enthusiast. It really is a niche product and, while kids may line up at the trades, they really are interested in the consoles and games they can carry about.  The price points is not for the faint of heart so hopefully he will be able to further drive the cost margins down and profitability up. I am glad he got one of the sharks to invest and I really hope that it works out.