All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX Backglass Videos Stalling

Jodannar

3 screen set up for me. Mines less video stalling and more playing the incorrect wrong video/frozen frame of a precious video after scrolling. I made the videos I use and have tried others. Part of me thinks it has to be a threading issue or something. I use b2s in the front end as a work around at the moment, but this means I can't use animated backglassses in fx2. If I start pinballx on one table using a backglass video and scroll to another (always the third) I get a still of the first tables backglass video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope this has not been a bug since the last PBX release. All I know is Ive had my cabinet up and running in attract mode  for weeks without issue. The PinDMD3 somehow stopped working and I've not had a chance to look at it yet so all I can think the issue is something to do with the changes to Real DMDs. Which is why I suggested removing the third screen to troublelshoot as that is effectively how my cab is running at the moment and it is solid as a rock.

Had it in attract mode for 7 or 8 hours without play field video stalling. I woke up this morning and the play field has stalled at some point during the night. I can still scroll.

So, I can't say unplugging the third monitor is an improvement. For me, the play field video may stall after several hours or it may stall after a few minutes. No pattern that I can discern. Not like the situation where the video always stalls on the third table.

Could you please get to me the pinballx.exe and dlls in the PinballX folder? I'd like to test them here.

I do know that the thing will flake out eventually even if its weeks.. It's more an issue with the codecs than my code and if you have the screensaver rotate through games on really low seconds it can add to the problem. When I test stability I hack it to run it just a couple of seconds. Eventually it will go wrong.

4 hours ago, Tom Speirs said:

Could you please get to me the pinballx.exe and dlls in the PinballX folder? I'd like to test them here.

I do know that the thing will flake out eventually even if its weeks.. It's more an issue with the codecs than my code and if you have the screensaver rotate through games on really low seconds it can add to the problem. When I test stability I hack it to run it just a couple of seconds. Eventually it will go wrong.

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45430846/PinballXVideoStalling.zip

This is from my cab's install folder. I'm using v2.16. Attract mode set to show game for 90 sec. Using the LAV filters linked on the home page. This is not new. It's been an issue for months. It was happening even before I updated to Win 10. I generate a lot of my own videos. They use full color format which is not compatible with the built-in Windows codec. I've always just used what ever was recommended on the home page, Shark and then LAV filters. Videos can stall on other videos that I did not generate myself, so I don't think it is anything necessarily with the media.

I'm happy that you are taking a look. For me, it's not a huge issue like it must be for Jodannar. I just restart PinballX and move on with my day. 

Thanks buddy. I will copy them to the cab and leave it running.

Its worth installing the latest LAV filters. I do update the ones on the site from time to time but they may not be the latest.

I have my attract mode on much less than that and like I said the cab has been running for weeks. My electricity bill is crazy ;)

Disconnected my 3rd monitor. Issue still occurs. Scroll to the 3rd table and get a still of the first tables backglass video for all remaining tables. Relaunch and it's good for the first 2 tables selected again and then repeats

Here you go:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45430846/PinballXVideoStalling.zip

This is from my cab's install folder. I'm using v2.16. Attract mode set to show game for 90 sec. Using the LAV filters linked on the home page. This is not new. It's been an issue for months. It was happening even before I updated to Win 10. I generate a lot of my own videos. They use full color format which is not compatible with the built-in Windows codec. I've always just used what ever was recommended on the home page, Shark and then LAV filters. Videos can stall on other videos that I did not generate myself, so I don't think it is anything necessarily with the media.

I'm happy that you are taking a look. For me, it's not a huge issue like it must be for Jodannar. I just restart PinballX and move on with my day. 

If it only happened in attract it wouldn't be as big an issue for me. As it is I can't use videos in pinballx for the backglassses at the moment. I've previously had the issue with table videos behaving the same, but that no longer occurs.

It has been running for me since I last posted 4 days ago. Stable as a rock. Just two screens.

It has to be a codec issue I would think.

Did you install the latest Lav? Are you able to confirm that those codecs are actually being used?

The latest LAV filters were released a couple of weeks ago. Trying them now.

https://github.com/Nevcairiel/LAVFilters/releases

Not sure if this helps but I read in another thread if your using windows 10 then windows defender could be causing the issue. Ensure your folders are excluded from windows defender or disable windows defender

What is your hardware? Again my cab is solid as a rock. It runs for weeks.

I do like my hardware though so the PC is pretty high end with i7, SSD and 16GB.

The RAM may have something to do with it.

I did upgrade to the latest LAV and got the PinDMD3 running again. Still solid.

3 hours ago, Jodannar said:

Nice carny. I tried disabling Windows defender for all pinballx and vp applications in case it was causing my backglass issue. No change.

Have you updated to the latest LAV codecs?