All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

PinballX / FuturePinball no BAM menu / grey DMD

redpiper1

Hi Guys, I'm sorry this has probably been asked a million times but I'm not actually hitting anything specific to my issue / issues. OK so I have a pile of parts and getting ready to start building a wide-body Future Pinball cabinet using this amazing software PinballX. But...I'm having a couple problems getting BAM's menu to even show up. 

#1. When I fire up PBX and load a table I'm hitting either the ~ key or q to bring up the BAM menu but nothing happens.  I'm at a loss so I've taken a bunch of screenshots and I'll add my config file.
#2. As you can see in the screenshot of the ACDC table running I have a grey DMD screen in the upper left corner but the table shows it as the familiar reddish orange. I plan on adding a 3rd monitor for the DMD display so I'm trying to nip that one in the bud in advance.

The version of PinballX shows as 2.04 in the log txt which I know needs to be updated because when I fire up PBX while online it tells me so. I'm running in desktop mode for now simply because I'm setting up as much as I can in advance to help with a smoother transition to the cab. I know I'll NEED that BAM menu to scale the tables to the 42" led playfield when ready. Not to mention going to try to take full advantage of the head tracking or IR tracking for the 3D effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks much !
Dave

My system specs are:
Intel i7 2600K OC'ed @ 4.4ghz CPU
Nvidia ( MSI ) GTX680 4gb GPU
32gb 1800mhz RAM
ASUS Maximus ExtremeIV motherboard
256 GB SSD hdd / 1 tb hdd
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate

Future Pinball Folder:

Future Pinball folder.jpg

Grey DMD grab.jpg

PinballX Folder:

PinballX folder.jpg

PinballX
settings:

PinballX Settings.jpg

And obviously the ini :-)

PinballX.ini

log.txt

Edited by redpiper1
wanted to add more info

You need to update PinballX to the current version.

According to your ini, you are not getting the BAM menu because BAM is not getting loaded.

Take a look at my Future Pinball settings in an extract from my ini. It is also how you should set up FutureDMD for third screen DMD support when the time comes for you to add it.

Spoiler

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=False
WorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball
TablePath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\Tables
Executable=BAM\FPLoader.exe
Parameters=/STAYINRAM /open "[TABLEPATH]\[TABLEFILE]" /play /exit
LaunchBeforeEnabled=False
LaunchBeforeWorkingPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball
LaunchBeforeExecutable=FutureDMD.exe
LaunchBeforeHideWindow=True
LaunchBeforeWaitForExit=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
LaunchAfterExecutable=notepad.exe
LaunchAfterHideWindow=False
LaunchAfterWaitForExit=True
MouseClickFocus=True
FPRAMPath=C:\Games\Future Pinball\fpRAM
LaunchBeforeParameters=table="[TABLEFILE]" close=1

7 minutes ago, Carny_Priest said:

According to your ini, you are not getting the BAM menu because BAM is not getting loaded.

Take a look at my Future Pinball settings in an extract from my ini. It is also how you should set up FutureDMD for third screen DMD support when the time comes for you to add it.

Hide contents

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
MouseClickFocus=True

Ah this is very strange because I was trying to get BAM working yesterday but I did have it set to FPloader as the exe and was getting the same result of no BAM menu. I'll try switching things around and report back. thanks !

1 hour ago, Carny_Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
MouseClickFocus=True

1 hour ago, redpiper1 said:

Ah this is very strange because I was trying to get BAM working yesterday but I did have it set to FPloader as the exe and was getting the same result of no BAM menu. I'll try switching things around and report back. thanks !

1 hour ago, Carny_Priest said:

Reveal hidden contents

[FuturePinball]
Enabled=False
LaunchAfterEnabled=False
LaunchAfterWorkingPath=
MouseClickFocus=True

OK so I downloaded the newest version of PBX and set everything up again and well I tried loading it with it with FPloader and all it does is go black for a second and then back to the wheel without ever loading up the table. I thought to try to rename the FPloader exe to Future Pinball as I've seen in the past but when I try to rename it it says I need the authors permission. Seems I'm getting myself into a deeper hole haha. So anyway, yep, I'm totally lost now.

Here's my new ini and log:

PinballX.ini

log.txt

I think that you may be trying to load Future Pinball BAM using the integrated Future Pinball setting vs. setting it up under Other Systems. While this document is a little dated, I think you need to set it up as illustrated on page 32 of the PinballX Start to Finish guide found here.

15 hours ago, Draco1962 said:

I think that you may be trying to load Future Pinball BAM using the integrated Future Pinball setting vs. setting it up under Other Systems. While this document is a little dated, I think you need to set it up as illustrated on page 32 of the PinballX Start to Finish guide found here.

Thank youi sir, I'll look into it. Not that it matters now but after restarting my computer I was able to rename the fploader exe to future pinball and it worked as far as allowing the rename and table load. No BAM menu though which was my original issue. Thanks again for the help and I'll start studying :-)
Dave