All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Game manager Bug? Deletes AlternateExe after adding a new Visual Pinball gam

vogliadicane

Hi,

my first post here so hello everybody :D

I manage PinballX VisualPinball to open each table with the correct version (Physmod, VPX) by adding manually the AlternateExe tag to the xml file. It works,

but each time I add a new table with the very handy Game Manager, all these tags are deleted and I have to manually insert them again (I do that at the end of each game section).

I am not sure, if I oversaw another way to define the correct exe or if there is a way, this deleting can be avoided, so any help would be great.

Or, it is actually a bug. Someone got a solution or workaround?

I recommend, first, making regular backups of your .xml files before making any changes.  Second,  learn to manage the tables, either via Notepad or Notepad++ (which I prefer, much better than Notepad and it is free).

The Game Manager has a limit to the number of tables it will hold and may be the cause of your loss.

1 hour ago, Draco1962 said:

Second,  learn to manage the tables, either via Notepad or Notepad++ (which I prefer, much better than Notepad and it is free).

The Game Manager has a limit to the number of tables it will hold and may be the cause of your loss.

I manage the xml via notepad (that's, what I mean by managing manually) and I have 24 tables. But anyways, thanks for the reply.

I don't think the Game Manager.exe has been updated to support the <alternateExe> or <exe> tagging.  So if you use that method, then no Game Manager use.  I tried it just now and it deletes the <alternateExe> tag from my xml also

The other option is to setup additional VP systems in the settings.exe and not use the <alternateExe> tagging

• 2 weeks later...

Hey thanks a lot for the info! Tried and works like a charm! Saves so much extra work now for me and the manager is soo handy.

@Tom: Thanks a lot for the update!

one more question: is the game manager not available as a seperate download? Would expect it in: PinballX/Databases and management tools?