All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Raiden

4 hours ago, hansolo77 said:

This is a nice game once you get used to it.  The only thing I hate about it is when you die you lose all your weapon upgrades.  I did really good my last run and made it through the entire 1st stage without dying.  Then I died once in the 2nd.  Upgraded my weapons (not as high) then died again in the 3rd round lots of times and game over.  I really wish I was better at these kinds of games.  I chalk it up to inexperience, since I never played these when I was a kid.  At home, console games were played for hours daily.  I dunno, maybe it's because I'm using a joypad instead of a joystick.  Anyway, here's my best so far:

Score: 408,930
Initials: HAN

0000.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

Kicked the crap out of my score...Nice job!

Don't be so modest, Hansolo77.  400k is a good score on Raiden.  

This game will keep you on the edge through almost the entire journey!  I could not walk by Raiden without playing it at the arcade.  And i never just put one quarter in, I walked up to her with at least 8 quarters.  

Now with the opportunity to play on Mame, I have improved my skills immensely on Raiden.  But my advances didn't come with quite a bit of playing time.:huh:

M.O.

Yeah I wish there was some way to keep a running total of how many quarters you put into your MAME arcade at home.  I know there's a book keeping option to see what's been put into an individual machine, but I'd be curious to see how much dough in total across all games I've "spent".  :)

On 02/06/2016 at 7:58 PM, hansolo77 said:

Yeah I wish there was some way to keep a running total of how many quarters you put into your MAME arcade at home.  I know there's a book keeping option to see what's been put into an individual machine, but I'd be curious to see how much dough in total across all games I've "spent".  :)

Oh, I've seen Mame programs that will do the accounting on the credit used in all games.  I'm not sure how to find it, but I know who would know: Cynicaster.  

Han, on your version of Mame, do you have a section of games called the "Most Played Games"?  I use 0.122 and it has this option.  

I think my Machines Top 10 would look like this:

1. Rygar

2. DoDonPachi

3.  Donkey Kong

4.  Cyvern

5.  Raiden

6. Ms. pacman 

7.  Strikers 1945

8.  1944 : The Loop Master

9.  Centipede

10.  Pacman (on here because my daughter loves it).

If anyone else has time to share their own personal Top 10, I'd love to hear about it!  

M.O.

• 1 year later...

I like raiden V better, but that might be a little too modern for this comp..

edit: was going to add a ascore to prove my other one since I was going to write luigi for some reason and could only write lui, but I forgot to reset the game anyway so it was using wrong dips so heres a new one

0001.png

• 1 year later...