All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Gekisou (Bump 'N Jump)

MAY 2016 GOTM Winner:  wolfman24 - 1,310,010 (link)

Gekisou
Gekisou Leaderboard

POSITION USER NAME TOTAL SCORE
1 wolfman24 1,310,010 wolfman24's Hi-Score Entry
2 ExedExes 156,160 ExedExes's Hi-Score Entry
3 rtkiii 63,200 rtkiii's Hi-Score Entry
4 millerbrad 52,430 millerbrad's Hi-Score Entry
5 Luigimaker 39,230 Luigimaker's Hi-Score Entry
6 hansolo77 27,680 hansolo77's Hi-Score Entry
Last Updated by hansolo77: 02-04-2018

Please use these settings when submitting a hi-score for Gekisou:

ROMSet: gekisou
Lives: 3
Special Rules: Continues are NOT allowed!

The green coloured default values match the Twin Galaxies settings (Default Settings, no dips).

# you can change your Mame dip switch settings by following this guide: :link:
# you can make a printscreen of your hi-score screen by following this guide: :link:
# general rules for submitting you hi-score: :link:

You voted, so here it is!  The May 2016 Game of the Month (GOTM) is now live!  Get those scores posted, and enjoy!

If somebody can find an official Marquee for this, that'd be awesome!

LOL!!  I know.. I had to load it up to see what the default rules are because TwinGalaxies doesn't have a page for it.  Seems fun enough.  If you don't press UP to get the car moving, you die pretty quick.  There seems to be special moves the car has if you press your #2 button.  There doesn't seem to be a way to select it, as the selector just moves to each one every few seconds.  If I remember right, button #1 makes the car jump.  Other than that....

Apparently the attract screen can get high scores, too. :lol:

I got on the board, and now every time the attract mode goes through a demo, it keeps asking me to reenter my name for the high score board.

Also, MY EARS!!!

Watching that video, I would've sworn you were controlling it with a trackball if I didn't see you configure the controls at the beginning.

The general gist appears to be: stay in the center, spam the attack button, get the SECRET letters, and occasionally an ugly woman appears on the screen. Got it. B)B)B)B)B)

2 million, here I come..

• Like 3

Hey, look.  I found the marquee. :mellow:

On another note, I broke 100k last night, but forgot that I'd reinstalled RocketLauncher, so I forgot to setup the hotkey on my cab to take a screenshot.  Doh!

gekisou.jpg

So this game returns from IGBY 2. It's a flashback to IGBYs this month.

My marquee for this would be Bump N Spy Jump Hunter because it reminds me of both those games.

I remember doing pretty decently at this last year, but here's a score.

ExedExes - 156,160

it's even name entry friendly

0000.png

• 3 weeks later...

One week to go on this one guys.  I'm going to try and find some time to play tomorrow.  For those of you not on my Facebook page, I've been having lots of trouble sleeping and have been going to a clinic for sleep studies and have been diagnosed with sleep apnea.  So yeah, I've not really had much energy lately to do much of anything.  But I'm still here to update threads and stuff (when somebody posts a score).  Just because our GOTM is almost over for this month, we still have a TON of other games you can still play though, so feel free to submit something for those too!

Man, every time I try to play one of these games and get a score, you guys have like totally blown my mind.  I played for like an hour, and couldn't do any better than this.  The roads are too narrow and the car seems really uncontrollable.  Still, I was able to get the "secret" stage before I died, and was half way through Stage 2 when it was all over.  Hope we get more submissions before this competition is all over with.  In any case, this will have to be revisited by me in the future!

Score: 27,680
Initials: HAN

0000.png

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

Just wanted to quickly update... unless GC and/or DazzleHP update this thread, the winner announcement (though I'm sure we all know who it'll be ^_^) won't be made until this Thursday, the 2nd.  I have to go in for another sleep study to get fitted for a mask and observation on Wednesday night.  I'm working super early that day too, so I'll be going to bed early tomorrow night.  So essentially, due to work and sleep requirements, I'm just going to be delayed.

In the meanwhile... don't let wolfman24 take the crown guys!  Lets see some more posts before its all over!  :)

Well, I don't know how he did it (aside from his awesome videos), but wolfman24 totally OWNED this game.  Congrats to him!  So here's the official "recognition" post!

wolfman24 - 1,310,010 (link)

Help me in congratulating him!  Way to go buddy!  Stay tuned for our new GOTM coming soon!  Also, I'd like to take a moment to thank everybody who participated this month.  Seems like our competition is slowly dying.  Not really sure why, other than people are just too busy in their own real lives.  If it's anything to do with the competition itself, please let me know so I can address and fix it!  Also, to would-be newcomers.. our competition is free open to everybody.  Just because our spotlight game of the month changes, that doesn't mean you're too late to play this awesome game.  We LOVE it when somebody beats our high scorer.. Not only do you get brownie points for that, and the bragging rights, but your efforts are still calculated in an overall leaderboard.  What this means is, you get credit for participating, not for being the best at the monthly game.  So keep those scores coming!

Hey guys!  

I've been busy with the RL.  But I see that Wolfman24 absolutely walloped everybody on Gekisou.  Unreal.  When I get a chance, I'm going to have a peek at his video.