All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[COMMUNITY PROJECT] 400x400 Game Logo Snaps Project

So. Quick vid of GameSetMatch in action for this project. In this setup I'm updating the Collaborative Cloud Folder from two other image sets simultaneously (the cloud contains the main images on the ftp and the other two image sets are the other two in the same folder).

Just to give you an idea of how it works:

• Like 2

The results are in. The 3 FTP sets merged. And the bad news is:

Run on: 2016/05/06 22:10:30
Setup: GameLogos Mame Live
Total Entries: 9742
Matched: 2760
No. of orphans: 6982

Orphans are Mame Games without a matching image (also - this cuts out dupes as well - e.g. diff versions of a game).

Full missing games list attached. 

GameLogos Mame Live_Missing.txt

Can't believe 18 Wheeler's missing! That's gotta be made! :)

I noticed you are comparing to Nightgaunt's upload. How does GameSetMatch look when you run it against the MAME folder I created just out of curiousity?

One thing, I know that we have some remakes of the stock logos in various 3-d and other styles. For this project I would like to keep this as close to the game's original logos as possible without as much artistic take or spin  on them, if that is OK. This will help to keep some consistancy in the appearance as well as the nostalgia associate with them.

Absolutely. As per previous post - think we should try and preserve original as close as possible - hence the "unadulterated" set. However, as previous - think we should allow some tarting up of 8 bit screen grabs etc. 

Running your set through GSM now...

Here's your set, Draco. Sadly, couldn't find any additional to those already available:

draco.png

Done a quick scout round the interweb. Looks like there are no other game logo sets available? That feels like really bad news - meaning we have to make  6982 logos!?

Just looking at the MAME DB, there are only 4866 records in that file. We know that the MAME ROM sets are full of a lot of crap files all of which we needn't be concerned with at all.Before we become overwhelmed by the total number, let's focus on completing the 4866, and not even that if we boil out the crap.

Oh, by the way, I noticed that ROM apparel, GoodName Apparel Night was showing in the blue column but not the 400x400 column. Looks like we have sourced an image there, Sparky! ;)

I have no idea which ones are those outliers. But spiriting thought. Yeah. Apparel night came from the hs set. Managed to source a handful more. Lets see how people go sourcing any other sets. Aside from that, one step at a time.

Draco - yer a star! So, plugged "[Arcade] Arcade (Mame).db3" into GameSetMatch and used GoodName + voilà, the task has gone from:

Total Entries: 9742
Matched: 2760
No. of orphans: 6982

to:

Total Entries: 4866
Matched: 3580
No. of orphans: 1286

I'm thinking by the time you've removed all the Mahong and Quiz - there's probably about 1000 logos to find. I'm also thinking some of these are going to be differently named roms (for e.g. 18wheels :: 18 Wheeler + 18wheelr :: 18 Wheeler Deluxe being a variation on 18w) for logos that already exist.

It's do-able! If you had 10 people doing 10 logos per week, we'd have made the full mame set within 10 weeks

Cmon troopers - I know we have busy lives, but that's do-able.

For most of the hacks and bootlegs we could just use the same logos as for the originals. Those will be harder to source if not impossible in some cases. I generally do not display them in my system.

Well - it's all set up, but I sure as hell aint gonna be doing this on everyone else's behalf. I wont rant on again about givers and takers. If you want to contribute, click this link + follow the post on page one of this thread:

https://link.getsync.com/#f=GameLogos&sz=88E7&t=2&s=MWIGK757BQZLGD2PPVG3HUAZ6D3INASGQHJBJHHQL5BVQ7MTE6OA&i=CEROPRBW7JJTIV5X3YYRHME5L3V77JR32&v=2.3

Otherwise, Draco - it's another ghosted project.

Not that difficult. I won't have much time to tinker this weekend, but I did manage a screen capture showing how the logos appear within the Wreck-It Ralph theme I have been tinkering with off and on.

2016-05-07 21_33_39-New notification.png

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Draco1962 said:

Not that difficult. I won't have much time to tinker this weekend, but I did manage a screen capture showing how the logos appear within the Wreck-It Ralph theme I have been tinkering with off and on.

2016-05-07 21_33_39-New notification.png

That is some killer work right there! Dig it!

Would there be a way to have a dynamic arcade cab? That would be pretty sweet...

8 hours ago, nightgaunt98 said:

That is some killer work right there! Dig it!

Would there be a way to have a dynamic arcade cab? That would be pretty sweet...

You mean with changing per game bezels, marquees,  and the like?  I think we would be would be in well over our heads on that one. Not to mention the size of the theme with the given functionality of GameEx. I am not up to that challenge!