All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

not find mame.ini

cesar quijada

Not really a GameEx question, but you can create mame.ini by running mame -cc from the command line.

I believe you need to include keepaspect 0 in the mame.ini to do what you want (though I haven't tested it, personally)

Keep in mind that if you have vertical.ini, horizont.ini or other .ini files that apply to the game you're playing ([romname], raster, vector, etc), they'll override settings in your mame.ini.  So, for example, if you're playing a horizontally-oriented game, any differing settings in horizont.ini will cancel out what's in mame.ini.

Honestly, I'd recommend putting the keepaspect 0 setting in horizont.ini, and leaving mame.ini at 1.  Stretching vertical games to widescreen is probably TOO much stretching.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, millerbrad said:

Not really a GameEx question, but you can create mame.ini by running mame -cc from the command line.

I believe you need to include keepaspect 0 in the mame.ini to do what you want (though I haven't tested it, personally)

Keep in mind that if you have vertical.ini, horizont.ini or other .ini files that apply to the game you're playing ([romname], raster, vector, etc), they'll override settings in your mame.ini.  So, for example, if you're playing a horizontally-oriented game, any differing settings in horizont.ini will cancel out what's in mame.ini.

Honestly, I'd recommend putting the keepaspect 0 setting in horizont.ini, and leaving mame.ini at 1.  Stretching vertical games to widescreen is probably TOO much stretching.

I do not have much experience with command, but try to do. 
if you have some example would help me a lot 

thanks for your help

Start>run>cmd (chose "elevated command" when prompted in modern Windows OS.

change directories until you get into your mame directory.

then......

You can have mame create the .ini file via command line.

mame.exe -cc

or

mame.exe -createconfig

• Like 1

I did it with

mame.exe -cc 

mame setting file its generated (mame.ini) and put 0 on keepaspect, now have full screen 
it is perfect :)

Thank you

if play roms directly on mame.exe these are put into fullscreen Without using Gameex because keepaspect  = 0  Excellent :)

but using Gameex seen again black borders on the sides although mame.ini has keepaspect  = 0  for fullscreen. :(

why Gameex brings mame black borders on the sides despite keepaspect  = 0 is supposed to mame is ready for full screen