All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[RESOLVED] Artwork download doesn't work (Gameex 14.44)

spacexion

Hello everybody,

I'm a new user and I'm already experiencing a bad headache with "automated artwork download" feature.

Gameex 14,44 on Windows 10. In settings, automatic download from Emuview is active. Username and password for login are OK. But actually nothing is downloaded to snaps folders. At the moment I configured 2 emulators (MAME and Snes9X) with about 20 roms each, and none of them receive any artwork.

Please note that:

1) If I manually put snaps in the dedicated folders, they correctly appear into Gameex front-end

2) If I try to download artwork with "Download Service Utility.exe", it works fine (emuviews login OK, systems list downloaded, roms recognized and artwork downloaded OK).

3) I can't find any message/warning/errors about downloading anything from emuviews, in LOG file

I couldn't find anything similar in the forum nor with Google so now I'm stuck and doesn't know what should I do to get this feature working.

Thanks for your help.

log.txt

GameEx.ini

Welcome to the GameEx forums spacexion:D

Before we dive to far into this, do you understand that in order for this feature you must:

A:  Have an EmuMovies account

B:  Allow time for the snaps to download

C:  Understand that if your not a subscriber to EmuMovies that you have a daily download limit, so getting a full set of snaps will require an extended duration of leaving GameEx running.

You didn't mention this information, but since it has a direct impact on how things work, we need to know in order to determine an appropriate path for trouble shooting:mame:

Thanks for your fast answers.

in reply to tthurman:

A ) Yes, I have a working and successfully tested Emumovies account.

B ) I let Gameex running about 10 to 20 minutes. Should be enough for about 40 games on 8mbps line I guess, or am I wrong?

C ) Here again, I suppose that downloading artwork for about 40 games should not attain daily limit.

in reply to Tom Speirs:

I found in C:\Gameex\LOG a file named LogArtWorkDownload.txt 
Which only states:

10:15:16.7  25/04/2016:  Scan Complete

I can confirm Nintendo SNES is working for me. My system here is setup with the default name from the setup wizard and database. I notice you do not have the database. That could be why.

As for MAME you have that setup up as a custom emulator and are not using the in built support which is why you get no artwork for MAME.

So I can confirm the feature is working in itself as expected for me.

You are right, I haven't got any database yet because I had no idea how/where to get one and didn't really understood why I should need it. Now you confirmed that I definitely need a database to download artwork, and after a few more readings, I found them in the download area... So obvious!

Sorry for the really "newbie" thread and thanks a lot for your help.

I would think a lot of things could leave 10 - 20 minutes in the questionable zone as being enough time.  It''s not just your connection, some of the higher res snaps are larger, and then there's no guarantee the upstream available from emumovies at any given time is going to match your 8 mb.  Could be that it's plenty, and if not, it'll continue pulling them down next launch, so no biggie anyway.

Last Fall Circo upped the basic member daily cap, so based on the lowest available member level I'd say chances are your right.  The new daily limit for this level of membership is 1GB

Glad Tom got you headed in the right direction, have fun! :)