All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Mame Mapping Magician error

bphillips09

I used Mame Mapping Magician to setup a few roms to open in an older version of Mame. I noticed that some roms now work on Mame .172, so I wanted to undo some of the changes I previously made. 

When I go to open the program, I get this error:

Error: The following variable name contains an illegal character: "20pacgal.cMapDriver"

The current thread will exit.

Line#

---> 1740: %Key%%Section%%Index% := Value

I saw a post a couple years ago with an updated version to fix this issue, but I tried that and it didn't work. Anyone have this problem or similar problems?

Thanks!

@Tempest (who was the author of MAME Mapping Magician) had a long and storied career in the GameEx community, but he is now retired from the scene for most intents and purposes.  He may or may not pop back in to investigate the details of this error, but in the meantime you might consider trying Map File Maker instead.  @Adultery, who is the author of Map File Maker, is still quite active on the forums, and has a reputation for being very responsive to problem reports and the like.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/20/2016 at 5:50 PM, bphillips09 said:

I used Mame Mapping Magician to setup a few roms to open in an older version of Mame. I noticed that some roms now work on Mame .172, so I wanted to undo some of the changes I previously made. 

When I go to open the program, I get this error:

I saw a post a couple years ago with an updated version to fix this issue, but I tried that and it didn't work. Anyone have this problem or similar problems?

Thanks!

If you are still having this problem, Could you please post your mameemumap.ini and I'll take a look.

• Like 1