All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Get Runtime Error with newly installed PinballX

PinKitty

I have Visual Pinball up and running on my system.  I installed the latest version of PinballX 2.14 onto my system.  My operating system is Windows XP 32-bit.  I followed the user guide to set the table paths up correctly using the setup wizard by launching settings.exe.  When I launch PinballX.exe, it shows the wheel and tables briefly, then a Runtime Error pops up.  It reads...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program:  c:\PinballX\PinballX.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

However, when I disable Visual Pinball in the setup wizard, then the PinballX skeleton appears, with 0 tables, and NO Runtime Error.  I don't know what is causing the error.  Please advise.

Are there any particular settings in the LAV Filter Menus that should be checked or unchecked?  I pretty much just installed the defaults.  I don't know much about codecs, so I don't know how to fine to video or audio settings.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the LAV Filter x86 version 0.68.  I noticed that three of the components default as checked during the install:  LAV Splitter (x86), LAV Audio (x86), and LAV Video (x86)  However, one of the components defaults to an unchecked state:  H.264 MVC 3D Decoder (extra download).  Since I went with the defaults, not knowing any better, I left the H.264 MVC Decoder unchecked and it did not install.  Do I need the H.264 MVC Decoder for Pinball X?