All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

pinballx and mame using second monitor as marquee

ace2014

hello i need help i want to use the second monitor as an permanent marquee chaning when switching to new game 

my problem the second monitor is showing game titel as soon as i start game the game tittle is gone put i want it to stay till game is stoped an new game is selected

any help would be great

Edited by ace2014
gramma

Hi ace2014, and welcome!

I moved your post from the Convert-It Support forum into the PinballX - General forum.  Convert-It is a separate Spesoft application, and I'm guessing that most of those dudes don't have pin cabs (although I'm sure there is some overlap).  For that matter I don't have a pin cab, so I can't provide much assistance in this regard either.  All the same your question will get more attention in this sub-forum.  Good luck! 

In the settings wizard on the display tab there is an option to use dmd, put yes to this and then set the dmd display number below it and then put your marquee images in the pinballx media/mame (or whatever system name you are using) dmd images folder. you might have to set the position of the dmd screen at the bottom of the dislay settings screen also.I dont know if it makes a difference to this but in the database file for mame i also have hide backglass and hide dmd set to false for each entry. I am sure that is all i did to get it going, i actually have three screens working with mame in a poker machine cab with the paytable on the top monitor and a graghic on the bottom one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1