All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

Pinball X stager

wbshrk

I have been creating a stager program for pinballx. I am creating it for automatically adding of tables and games to pinballx then launch pinballx. There are two part the stager which copies the file from a drive to you game folder, and then a prep program which copies the raw files to the staging folder. Let me know if anyone is interested in this and I can upload it.

Sounds interesting, but I have some questions as the description/purpose is somewhat vague. In the normal setup of PinballX, you have many many moving parts to be considered, such as all the various media files, database (.xml) files, etc. for each system. Now for my questions:

- If you already have these setup in a static location, what would be the need for copying the files to the different folders?

- Have you considered that there are some files that are probably not even movable, such as those that are loaded from Steam (i.e. Pinball FX2, Pinball Arcade)? 

Please don't take these questions as me poo-pooing your project. I just think that there are going to be questions asked such as these and others and if you are promoting the project, you really need to provide more concise details to illustrate the need and purpose.

This was designed for a dedicated machine that may not have a internet connection and is only being used as a pinball/game machine.  The machine I am using it on I did not want to get tables or games directly on the machine. The Program at this time only works for Future pinball, Visual pinball, and Mame. It copies game files, the typical media files (table, backglass, audio),  file standardizing the names, and recreating the XML at boot. PinballX is a great program once it is set up, but from what I found a pain to maintain if you don't have it running on a normal machine. Also the program could be customize to just update the XML if your are using steam or pinball Arcade, which I am not.