All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[APP] DriveMappy

stigzler

IconTextLogo_512H.png
DriveMappy
(https://sites.google.com/view/magoarcade/software/drivemappy)

A small app that can help any of you running GameEx off Network storage setups. I found Windows Drive Mapping via Explorer to be a bit of a faff (having idiosyncrasies around user + admin accounts etc). Also, wanted something that would enable me to edit assets/setups whilst offline/away from my LAN. So made this.

I have any apps (GameEx, CPWizBIz, GEmvoy) setup using mapped network drives for gamefiles and assets (e.g. drives Y: and Z:). My setup involves having all my assets on my home server. I have installed BitTorretn Sync (https://www.getsync.com/) on my server which essentially allows me to run it as a cloud service (no more capacity limits through corporate ones). Then I've set up cloud-sync folders on my laptop - nice thing about BTSync is you can select download files on demand, rather than autosync all files (saving disk space). 

On my laptop, I have it to try mapping the Y + Z drives to my server first. On fail - then maps these to the sync folder (which matches the server folder). Thus, I can essentially access a copy of the server when LAN connected - essentially through the interweb. Secondly, the versatility of BTSync can help with disk-size management. All automagically done on startup.

(Caveat: to get full features of BTSync - you need to fork out £30 - but there's a lot of functionality through the free version too). 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

V 1.2.0
Added Open Mapped drives from context menu
Added to tray on minimize
Changelog now viewable via setting button.

V 1.3.0
Added auto-updater and tidied GUI
Added Dark Theme
Adds Launch icons to parograms and start menu

V 1.4.0
Added wait before autorun feature to help avoid contention at startup.