All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

B2S Backglasses in PinballX

imagamejunky

Hi guys.

Today I tried the setting for running B2S backglasses in PinballX.  I expected it to run quickly like it does when loading a table.  This is not the case.  It takes a couple seconds to load the backglass. Any ideas?

Furthermore, each of my backglasses are reverted back to default settings. For example the grill is showing.  I know I can click on the backglass and change each one.  My question is why is this happening?  Shouldn't the saved settings be showing up?  I don't have multiple copies of each backglass so I know PinballX is loading the backglasses that have the settings saved.  I'm confused here.

Junky

Thanks for the reply.  I already have file matching turned off.

I figured out what is happening although I don't know why.

The b2stablesettings.xml in my tables folder that is read when a VP table loads has the configuration for that table stored as the rom is named (example, afm instead of attack from mars).  This is where this problem lies.  PinballX is looking for a table configuration inside this xml file that is named the same as the actual table (example, groni-attack from mars-vpx).  While pinballx is running and the b2s backglass is showing I can right click on this backglass and choose to hide the grill. Then save and close. Upon opening my b2stablesettings.xml I can now see that there are both configurations present.  The original rom name AND the table name.

Tom, Is there a way to force Pinballx to look for the table rom name in the b2s.xml?  If not, we are going to have to go through all of our tables in the pinballx frontend and re-save all of our settings for each backglass.

Thanks

Junky

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, fuzgi said:

Bump. I have the same issue. Has thjs been solved?

Bump? Really? It is likely not a PinballX issue directly, but possibly a setting you need to look at. Since you didn't provide a copy of your pinballx.ini and log.txt files, kinda hard for anyone to know for sure.

Refer to this thread as it may simply be the setting mentioned, also a few other things to try: