All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

[PLUGIN] GEmvoy

stigzler

logo400W.png

"A bit of a Swiss Army knife..."

This plugin does various stuff. It's main aim is to make running multiple emulators for each system as easy as possible. You can setup all your emulators in GEmvoy first - running and testing them from there before dovetailing with GameEx. You can also choose which Emulator to launch a game with from GameEx itself. Lots of additional stuff. Best way to find out what it does - download it and have a tinker - it's very low impact on GameEx; your game and asset files + your existing setup, so you can't break anything.

Features:

• Quickly launch zipped gamefile sets without having to wait for them to unzip.
  • Have different system emulators mapped against one GameEx 'emulator.'
  • Be able to choose which emulator boots a game from the Game Details page in GameEx.
  • Simple approach to mounting gamefiles
  • Test emulator/games setups before running through GameEx - boot games in "Fullboot" or "Setup boot" modes. 
  • Can work with multi-format gamefile sets for one emulator (e.g. Playstation sets with mixtures of .cue, .mds etc.)
  • Save emulator settings on per-game basis, allowing for different  graphics, sound and controller setups for each game.
  • Launch support apps before, alongside or after a game boot on a per-system, emulator or game basis. 
  • Full tokenised game/system/emu details allowing insertion of these into any command lines.
  • Make your own emulator settings scripts, swapping out files, folders and registry entries between game boots.
  • Key-remaps on per emulator or game basis (experimental)
  • Timelapse picture capture via webcam during games. Continuous, timed or burst mode. 
  • GameEx tweaks allowing:
    • Choose which sounds to use for the GameEx menu
    • Choose to use random sounds for the above
    • Relocate the message window from the bottom right
  • User prompting throughout any unzips showing progress.

Download:

Documentation:

Codeplex Site

Videos:

Screenies:

Games.pnglists.pngOverlay.pngsetts.pngsnaps.pngSuppApps.png

tokens.pngtweaks.pngEmus.pngSystems.pngpicker.pngAlgos.png

• Like 1

It's currently the destroyer of my annual leave ;) 

All features coded. Half a day of half-assed testing tomorrow, then gotta knock some vids/guides together + I'll slap it out there...

EDIT: Did I say half a day!?

Edited by stigzler

Phew. This one nearly killed me....

As ever - written for my own needs, but tailored to help others, just in case it may be of some use....

And as we know - it's easy to keep warm in a sack, but it's the sewing it into something presentable that's the graft!

V0.9.1 - Initial release achieved. OP updated to present what it does - kinda - it's hard to explain!

I need a holiday...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Update

V0.9.2
Altered Support App launches. Prior to game, they now launch each on their own thread. Also 500ms delay between launch neccessitated. 
Added running emu check on close.
Ammended the FTP settings script download
Added function to move the database xml to another location + warning not to dual map
Added Cloud Dummy Extention funciton - e.g. with BitTorretn Sync - treats placeholder files as roms (Gemvoy ignore specified extention)
Added 0 GE emus check

V0.9.3
Fixed Add Game in config causing fullfilepath error
Added Strip Brakets text option to Autogamename
Fixed various errors around special characters in Edited gamename

Download from link in 1st post.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update - "one day I'll release something that works"

V0.9.5
Removed random "here" popup!
Checked for no emu path + throws error
Added 'restore config window' to context emnu for naughty forms.
Fixed GameID bug - 0 making it sticky. Upped to seed from 1.

• 2 months later...

Updates

V0.9.7
Quicklaunch bugs fixed
Few tweaks on GUI
Auto QL folder improved.

V0.9.8
Added Create folders option
Safefilename now replaces ":" with " -" rather than "-" in Configuration.MakeCPWBSafe

V0.9.9
Ammendments to Quicklaunch Query - should be on top and auto focused.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

V1.0.6
Added option in config to choose to keep or delete Quicklaunch folder whilst in Attract Mode. Stops user prompt being shown on attract mode loop if system/game setting sent to "Ask"
Added Boot game without support Apps option - streamlines game setup process.
Added Quick All Games to list all games, sorted for a system
Replaced unlabeled tick boxes with Icons/Buttons

• 2 months later...