All my products and services are free. All my costs are met by donations I receive from my users. If you enjoy using any of my products, please donate to support me. Thank you for your support. Tom Speirs

Patreon

On 3/27/2016 at 11:33 AM, Mame Offender said:

MAM

No spots gained, but worth a mention, I guess.

I'll take it all the same!

On 3/27/2016 at 5:09 PM, Mame Offender said:

I'm starting to get into the rhythm a little better, this game is more forgiving than most Universal games...

M O

Never mind, looks like you already bested your best!  :) And it bumped you up a spot, always a plus!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

BAM - 112,100

Creepin' up on Cynicaster... Those monkeys sure do like to juke around and fake you out on the second level.

I also made a RocketLauncher bezel for this game with what little art is available online. I copied the instruction card from the original manual, only to find that the scoring doesn't match the actual gameplay. I guess "hard" difficulty makes each jump only worth 10pts, and the timer only starts at 8,000pts. The OCD part of me says I'll need to update that...

jjack112100.jpg

My OCD would require that too.. but then there's also the "that's not how it was in the REAL arcade"... so I'd probably just leave it, and remember that for contest rules that's how it is.  Maybe you could make a copy of the ROM with a 2 on the end or something and name it "Jumping Jacking Hard/HS Mod".  Not sure how that works but it should be easy enough.  Then you can have your special bezel (which I love!) with the correct score card separate from the original.

Personally, I think that's too much effort, and would rather just live with it.  :)

Updated OP, DB, RSS

• Like 1

11 hours ago, millerbrad said:

BAM - 112,100

Creepin' up on Cynicaster... Those monkeys sure do like to juke around and fake you out on the second level.

I also made a RocketLauncher bezel for this game with what little art is available online. I copied the instruction card from the original manual, only to find that the scoring doesn't match the actual gameplay. I guess "hard" difficulty makes each jump only worth 10pts, and the timer only starts at 8,000pts. The OCD part of me says I'll need to update that...

jjack112100.jpg

Nice work, Millerbrad!  Persistence is key around here!  

• 4 weeks later...

And the winner is...

Cynicaster - 127,435 (link)

Congrats buddy!  Thanks too go out to all the participants of this much anticipated and unfortunately delayed GOTM.  Stay tuned for our next featured competition.  And please don't stop posting scores for this game.  You can still earn points for the Overall Leaderboard!

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Yeah this game was from way back when we first started.  There was a lot more competition back then but not for this game in particular.  I still need to post a submission of my own.  Thanks for the post!

Updated OP, DB, RSS

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:48 PM, Floyd Turbo said:

Pretty easy to get on the top 10 of this game with only 6 submitted scores.  I happily coast into spot #7.  

Jumping Jack.jpg

There are lots of "secret points" in this game, so if you want to play it, take a few minutes to watch a quick Youtube video to see where some of them are.  It's been so long since I played I can't remember, myself.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...